Bounty?

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Bounty?

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Utah has offered a Bounty of $50 a coyote with a few restrictions just wondering everyones opinon? I will chime in with what i know of bounties after we get going.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Re: Bounty?

Post by Tim Anderson »

From what I have read over the years most bounties are just a waste of money as far as trying to control pred. numbers in a given area. But it does get more people out hunting over-all and I guess that could be a good thing to help reduce the numbers all over rather than just one little area. Its also a good way to help boost the economy.. From a personnel stand point I don't like them and hope it never happens where I hunt as calling contests are bad enough.
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Its going to bring the non ethical hunters out in bigger numbers, creating more of a bad rap for ethical fur harverters. Its tough enough hunting educated coyotes, we dont need everybody and their mothers ripping rounds at coyotes. I dont like it.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
EO caller

Post by EO caller »

A private guy with a super cub could make a decent living with that bounty. Set yourself a strict minimum of five an hour. You could net 100$ and hour. Probly one of the restrictions though. I have a county next to mine that has done a 10$ bounty for quite a few years. They've paid for a lot of coyotes that weren't killed in that county, or state for that matter. IMO they don't work, and they do get people out just blazin out the window of the pick-up making things spookier for the callers.
"CHASIN A DREAM-LIVIN A NIGHTMARE"
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

We have a bounty here of $20 and i know there is a problem with coyotes being turned in that were taken from other counties. Most are not taken during the calving and lambing season.....mostly dispersal coyotes.