Question for DPMS

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Question for DPMS

Post by Tim Anderson »

What chambering's do you offer for the AR platforms?

I used to have a DPMS in 223 but didn't like the trajectory of the 223 round or its lacking in killing power. Also they where a pain in the arse getting out of the truck and then the case but with the new no case law I'm starting to think about trying one again...
Do you custom chamber?
DPMS Panther Arms
coyotehunter

Re: Question for DPMS

Post by DPMS Panther Arms »

We offer the following calibers great for chasseing the yotees in our area--204--223--243--308. I love using my Prairie Panther 223 rifle for around the central MN area. It is a 20" light weight fluted barrel--carbon fiber hand guard(don't get real cold)--2 stage trigger--fixed stock--optic ready rifle. I've dropped prairie dogs past 400 and yots past 500 with Hornady 68 grain ammo. When I pull out the 243 and 308 is out in ND on a windy day. I love being able to buck the breeze better with a large caliber rifle. The 243 I run the Hornady 90 grain BSST grain and the 308 168 BSST Hornady. The 204 rifle is a caliber of the past and we are looking at no longer producing it. Great on saving the hides but tough for finding ammo
devildogg
coyotehunter

Post by devildogg »

I love my 204 for yotes its an amazing cartridge. It was easier to find ammo for that than a 223 even reloading components were easier to find. You guys should be promoting that as a coyote killer and make gun for that round that is super light weight and fast handling like the LBR I love that one but won't but it because it's a 223
DPMS Panther Arms
coyotehunter

Post by DPMS Panther Arms »

No doubt the 204 is a great round for yotes and other light skinned critters. When it comes to the manufacturing side of the industry there is not enough interest in that round. We are putting the more ordered firearms--223/556---308/762x51 in production at this time before anything else. There might be less then 300 of them on order from the last couple years. There is no interest in that caliber out side the predator world. I my self do love the round and wish I would have built one. On the other hand thought the 223 is more versatile when it comes to a hunting round. Anything from light skinned small game to deer and yes bear can be taken with that round. Select the proper bullet and shot placement and you are good to go. That is where the decision lies to the more popular calibers and the production needs. One out weighs the other pretty extremely.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

My DPMS .223 has not left the truck in the past year or so, bouncing around, dust, heat and more dust. I have fired almost 400 rounds through it, and I have not cleaned it single time. I have had no problems with that gun functioning properly. I could not be more impressed with its flawless operation.
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

I bought a DPMS 223 for the kids to bang around with and shoot prairie dogs. Absolutely love it so far the adjustable stock is perfect for changing for the three different kids I highly recommend that upgrade. I'm currently trying out a 308 Lite Hunter for work once I get it sighted in and shooting where I want so far it's done everything I want it to.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
fox&yotes
coyotehunter

Post by fox&yotes »

Im shooting a DPMS 308 chambered in a 260 with a custom Krieger barrel with a 7 1/2 twist out performs most of my rifles
DPMS 260
DPMS 260
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

how does it do on those thin skinned fox
fox&yotes
coyotehunter

Post by fox&yotes »

Not bad , I tend to stay away from the Ballistic tip , unlike my brother who likes to blow then in half with a 25-06 ballistic (shame) . Nothing I can patch or sew