Well

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Well

Post by Tim Anderson »

Everyone sell there guns and take of flower collecting or something??????
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Re: Well

Post by Coyotehunter »

just got back from visiting Grand Forks, ND. Seen family and went out to the lake for the week. Guiding starts soon, I will be busy with that from mid Aug until the end of October. Then right into trapping. Control work this summer has been going well with some of the best docking numbers in years. fingers crossed and some luck from the coyote gods and wheening numbers will reflect all the hard work. coyote numbers are down on the sheep this year but with the rabbits coming back hopefully are cats and a good summer as well.
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

Ah! your still alive.. LOL

Good to hear your coyote numbers are down, which shows you are on top of it..
I'm sure you are familiar with coyote fill in areas, if so where do you think the coyotes come from to fill back these particular areas??
Been watching my coyotes pretty close and think I know the answer to the question but would like to hear from other areas as well..
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

put 50 miles on the rhino today. needle grass filling up every nook and cranny of the under carriage. didn't cut a single track. put out some blinds though for archery antelope in the process with a hunter from North Dakota.

I think the fill comes from............well I do not believe there is a answer that would satisfy everyone. I do think it really varies from region to region. here I don't get much fill because of the year round pressure on sheep ranches but we do get some, not trying to say we don't get any. there are always dens that get missed out here and in the fall everyone starts thinkn about greener pastures over the fence.
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

Dens getting missed, I'll agree with that..
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

checked fence snares all day on Wednesday. put 60 miles on the Rhino. One red fox and not a single coyote track all day.
20140728_154649.jpg
20140612_120837.jpg
20140528_071658.jpg
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

Second pic. what is that sand stone? Looks cool. Love the last pic as that's how I remember Wyoming last time I was there.. We called it when the heavens meet the ground...
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

spent the day checking tanks and water holes. cut some cat tracks and one set of red fox tracks. 40 miles or so. I have to say that I was late in picking up a side by side, and everything I have heard about those Rhino's is true. I get about 15 MPG and the suspension is amazing. I can not believe how much more ground in a day I can cover. Just a true work horse. going to have to save up and get me some tracks for the winter. yes I do believe that is sandstone.
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

I have two side by sides, Kaw. terX and a Polaris RZR. Each has its place. For using ATV tracks I would use the biggest machine they make...
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I just about need a weed eater to check fence snares. with all the rain the fence lines are all grown up with weeds. wont be long and the tumble weeds will be plugging up everything.
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Damn glad I don't hunt em in your area Coyotehunter.Walking 50 to 60 miles to cut a track is out at my age. :D