Todays coyote hunt

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Jonnyboy

Todays coyote hunt

Post by Jonnyboy »

Ok so to be honest today was only my second time ever coyote hunting and it was awesome. First time out I saw nothing but squirrels, a groundhog and a very bored friend beside me. However today with my set I waited until late evening and used my cottontail distress call along with my decoy and some butcherd up meat, and a whole pack came running. To set the scene I was at the top of a ravine in a groundblind overlooking a small stream, and just beyond that a cornfield. As soon as I let out the distress call I heard multiple howls and heard them come charging.... untill they caught my scent. They were only about 20 yds away, but invisible due to ohio dense brush, and stopped right at the edge and turned around. I did not cover my scent good enough but that is a mistake I wont make again. Come fall and you can actually see for a mile at the top of the ravine so they wont make it near that close next time. Hoping to thin them out because they are tearing up cattle and dogs around these parts.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Re: Todays coyote hunt

Post by Coyotehunter »

thanks for the post. keep at it.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:51 pm.