AR jamming?

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Dcoy
Top Dog

AR jamming?

Post by Dcoy »

Some are pretty reliable.My 5.56 has been shot a lot and cleaned once.My new JP Enterprise 204 seems to function in any weather.On the other hand,neither has been run like this. :shock:

http://www.gunnuts.net/2014/12/10/ar15s ... ce-queens/
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Re: AR jamming?

Post by Tim Anderson »

Just a gimmick.. As you can see in the vid. they have the dust cover over bolt closed when they roll it around in the sand.. LOL
Anyway the big issue with a AR failing is carbon build up or junk getting inside by the firing pin, bad brass, moisture and cold weather and also what I call field/grass duff you pick up when driving the two tracks in pastures..
Would also like to see that test done with a finer granular sand.
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Tim did you look at the 2nd vid.Lotsa sand in action.15,000 rounds must have produced a bit of carbon n crud as well.
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

double post.
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

No I didn't. LOL Its mechanical and it will fail even if it don't show up in there vid.s.. I carried them in the military and also owned one at one time and lets just say I'm not a believer.. LOL

John’s made sure to keep the gun lubricated, which is really all you need to do with an AR15. Keep it wet and it’ll keep running.
There you go, the oiled up rifle/action. The good supply of oil, grease will keep the dirt from getting to critical areas and keep the rifle working in summer conditions but does a hunter very little good in the cold month's when its been sitting in these temp.s, it has to be degreased and a low temp lube used , but even that isn't full proof... What the extra oil or grease does is act like a axle seal and keeps the dirt from moving to key areas and over time with out cleaning it will get into some of these critical areas and can cause a malfunction. Could cost you a coyote or even your life.. They should of used about 4-5 different AR brands in there test, I would safely bet that four of them would of passed the test as well if not all...
DPMS Panther Arms
coyotehunter

Post by DPMS Panther Arms »

Best part of the AR platform--NO MATTER HOW DIRTY THEY ARE THEY WILL WORK--as long as they are taken care of properly and they do have the correct amount of lubrication on the ENTIRE carrier assembly. I cannot count in the 15+years working with this platform that I have had a rifle go down on me. I've had them over seas in ALL kinds of conditions from +110 deg. to -37 deg. in the great white north. Not one time has a gun had any hick up with a receiver filled with sand-mud-dirt-snow-grass-weeds---I can keep on going. Rifles are just like your car/truck---no oil in the engine no working motor. No lubercation on the rifle no working rifle.