17 Rem shotgun

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Dcoy
Top Dog

17 Rem shotgun

Post by Dcoy »

What weather!About every other day we have dense fog and it's costing me critters.First set this morning I had howlers on 2 sides that were close(150-200?) but never saw them and they got downwind.Knowing that was pilot error I set up more carefully the second set.Call on a hillside about 80 yds out but still visible and I went downwind to a fenceline in the bottom of the ravine knowing full well that's where they were likely to travel.Had the truck serviced yesterday so had removed the shotgun but took my lil CZ 17 and sticks vs the heavier rifle and bipod cause figured it might happen close and fast.Little did I know. :shock:
About 3 minutes in I heard something and turned in time to see 1 flash by at warp speed on the other side of the fence(5 feet away??).As I struggled to my feet the second roared up on my side to about 4 paces then spun out sideways trying to get away.I shot instinctive without fully mounting the rifle at maybe 10 paces and much to my amazement hit her in the hind quarters,then finished her with round 2 as she was spinning away.
Been awhile since my ticker has been going that fast.Hard on an old man. :D