A Happy New Year

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Dcoy
Top Dog

A Happy New Year

Post by Dcoy »

Happy New Year all!
Mine got off to a great start.Saw zilch my 1st two sets this AM but had a sweet 3rd set up on a new ranch.Had the call in a ravine bottom where 3 ravines join.I was above the call facing the 2 most likely entrance ravines(downwind ones).Started off by hitting an off the wall weird distress sound which was immediately answered by barking up one of the other ravines.(an old friend had told me coyotes often respond to that sound by barking but had been skeptical...)Within seconds the male showed up at the head of that ravine about 200 yds away literally jumping up/down with front feet while barking.After a second or two the female shot by him charging down toward the call.Waited a second or two letting her get closer then dropped the male.She didn't stop or even slow down(love the suppressor)but ran to within feet of the call before getting a whiff and turning so she was running wide open right at me. :D
Would have to say that was a plan that came together.
Good hunting and have a great 2015!!
Attachments
17 double R.jpg
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Re: A Happy New Year

Post by Coyotehunter »

Very cool
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Very cool
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Here's one from this AM.Interesting cause it's about 8 miles north and quite a bit higher than the other pic but 3 inches less snow. :shock: Normally I couldn't access this spot without a sno mo or a long snowshoe hike this time of year.
Attachments
pic yote R.jpg