The Blessing/Curse of snow

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Cuts Crooked
coyotehunter

The Blessing/Curse of snow

Post by Cuts Crooked »

We got snow last week and a lot of it, about twelve inches altogether. I love the stuff because I can see game moving much easier and I can move quietly in the powder. It's also nice for roadin' the countryside and checking fer tracks crossing the road and out in the fields. :D

I hate the stuff because it's hard on my knee/hip to wade through it and it changes with the weather. We got some warm days this week and then the temps dropped.....IT"S CRUNCHY NOW! Everything for a mile around you can hear you walking in......."We know yer there Cuts, we c'n hear you coming!" :cry:
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Re: The Blessing/Curse of snow

Post by Coyotehunter »

Snowed this morning....raises all kinds of hell on my trap line.
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

Now you can practice making snow sets.. :lol:
Cuts Crooked
coyotehunter

Post by Cuts Crooked »

Dang! You got problems! Been over 40 years since I trapped, and back then I had to deal with snow all the time. It can be overcome, but it's a hassle.

Right now the wind chill here is about -5. So I'm staying indoors for a while. Which is ok, I got a project in mind anyway. Been thinking about building me an AR fer varmint/coyote huntin'. So I'm searching the web fer parts. Keeps me outta trouble I guess. :D

I also lost my old lap top to a drive crash and am setting up a new one, which I hate b'cause I have to bother my kids all the time to get it done. (I'm about as computer literate as a ground hog!) Worst of all, I lost all my pass words with that drive! :( The only reason I'm able to get on here is because I've set my PC for always logged on, on this site. :o) I may have to bother ya fer a new pass word soon, but that can wait until the boys have explored the data recovery on the old lap top.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Trapping in snow is fine as long as it stays cold. It has been in the 50s for the past 2 weeks so when it snows it turns everything to muck. Then I need to pack shale with me....which means about 40 gallons a day. Hard to do on a rhino. It's just a pain in the ass.
Cuts Crooked
coyotehunter

Post by Cuts Crooked »

Got the next two days off, but the national weather service sayz wind chills are going to be down around -25 in the morning........wind gusting up too 25mph :o
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

50s and mud here today.