No luck today

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Cuts Crooked
coyotehunter

No luck today

Post by Cuts Crooked »

My vacation started yesterday so I had time to get out there this morning. Unfortunately we've had a lot of rain recently and most of the access points I use to get into the federal impoundment ground I like to hunt on are under water, limiting my choices of places to hunt. Ended up making a couple of stands on some private ground and was not able to call in any coyotes today. Lots of hawks and crows.....just no yotes. It was pretty windy and I wasn't getting enuff volume from my e-caller. Should have taken my power horn speaker and jacked it into the caller for more ummph! :( Ah well, a bad day hunting is still better than a good day at work! I might go back out this afternoon though. :)

My deer season starts Monday and I will probably be hitting that pretty hard for a while, but I'll try to fill my tags early so I can get back to scaring song dogs. :twisted:
Cuts Crooked
coyotehunter

Re: No luck today

Post by Cuts Crooked »

Didn't end up going out again yesterday, too windy. Same thing this morning, the wind is just plain howling! And there is more rain in the forecast. :cry: Hope this is not a foreshadowing of what deer season is going to be like.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Re: No luck today

Post by Coyotehunter »

Forecast tonight for 60-70 mph winds