Mountain Lions

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Mountain Lions

Post by Coyotehunter »

Anyone seeing any Mountain lions South of Minot?
onecoyote

Post by onecoyote »

I've seen a few south of Minot where ever that is lol. The old saying " more lions see people then people see lions " holds true. Some people I know have lived in lion country all there life and never seen one, they are always there watching.

I feel very lucky to have taken one years back. If I remember right, I called them in Nevada, California and Baja, the one in California died, it was legal at the time. I've seen two during the day and the rest at night, a total of 8 lions all together.

By the way, that's over a span of 43 years predator hunting day and night. You divide that by 8 and that's about one every 5 years in good lion country.
Daryl
coyotehunter

Lions

Post by Daryl »

I havent heard of any south of Minot but we were doing some backhoe work for a guy by Zap that lives along the Knife River and he saw one out his back yard along the river and he did show us pics of the tracks so he was telling the truth. I have been watching for it but like they say 'they see you before you see them'..
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I was hunting with Walt Earl Sr. www.olcoyote.com last Jan. just South of Watford City and seen a old set of of lion tracks. Walt was guiding Lions hunts as early as 59' and it was fun coming across tracks in an area i have been hunting for years with him. We ended up calling in 6 coyotes that day with out ever firing a shot. Coyotes on the move, we just could not seem to get it done.