Help needed

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Tyrant

Help needed

Post by Tyrant »

Hey Guy's,

I'm coming down the first of Oct. for the winter. I'm limited to what I can bring down. I was planning on buying a whole new reloading set up, but as the date gets closer I'm falling into cheapskate mode....

Looking for a GOOD press ( RCBS or Redding )
Tumblers are fairly inexpensive so thats no big deal.
I'm leaving my RCBS Chargemaster in AK so will probably try out the Lyman DPS 3

Packing all my dies and measuring junk.

Also a heavy wood door or a good donor for a solid workbench is needed ( going to rebuild the bench I used while in High School ).

If you guy's have any thing that's getting in your way let me know.
Thanks in advance,
Cheapskate Norm
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Re: Help needed

Post by Prairie Ghost »

If you need to cut corners somewhere norm Reloading equipment would be one place not to do it IMHO.

Hopefully someone on here can help you
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

OK,
It is VERY hard to wear a good press out,I don't agree with you. With the Redding turret press @ 225.00 and the Rockchucker @ 135.00 . I'm just checking if anybody MIGHT have a press they are not using.

If I run into a good used RCBS or Redding press for 50.00, I think that is a great way to save a couple of bucks.

I don't buy used primers or powder or even brass...... And all my powder measuring equipment will be purchased new.

Just fishing,

I understand concentricity and the ability to measure runout. I will be able to recognise if a used press is in good shape or might give me issues.

Wow this just got long winded, anyhow I guess my feelers got stepped on.I don't buy junk but am always looking for the deal of the day.
Norm
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

Hey Norm I will keep my eyes open for you and don't take praireghost the wrong way in what he said. He and coyotehunter are very knowledgeable and don't want to or see anyone steered the wrong direction so they will always say what there thinking to keep a guy steered right but not to step on toes. Just my opinion. :wink:
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

Kick ass Daryl,

appreciate it.

Norm
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I will keep my ears open as well. talk about cheap hell I still use the Lyman Jr. I have one in the garage and one in the house. I have a third but in the move I seemed to have put it in a box and can not find it. just sick about it. I bought one a a pawn shop for $35, one at a auction for about the same price and the other was a hand me down from my dad who got it from his dad. I had to take them all in to a machine shop so they would except the new style dies. So I have about $70 each into the two I bought. Like you said the presses are about bullet proof. Brad didn't mean anything by that. If I see something I will let you know.
Coyotes Forever
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Hopefully these guys that are into reloading a little more can help you. Personally i don't do anymore then i have to i just know from talking to guys like my brother and Coyotehunter that did or do a lot of competition shooting having equipment that isn't up to par puts you at the back of the bus before you even start.

Don't take it the wrong way I just think that with all the energy we put into this sport a guy is really doing himself and injustice by skimping on certain tools.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

Just dropped off 616#s of crap at the shipper. Guns and all accessories included to ship to Bis.

On the ground Oct 1st.... Getting the itch...

Norm
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Well then you will be just down the road from the Dickinson, are you going to the "Classic" in January?
Coyotes Forever
Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

Coyotehunter wrote:Well then you will be just down the road from the Dickinson, are you going to the "Classic" in January?
Want to, Momma says no problem just schedule dependent. I'm in a new position for a different company with my work schedule kinda up in the air for now will know more the end of OCT.

Would really enjoy meeting you all and I need all the help I can get from the seminars.

Norm
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

Not sure if your still looking for a press but there is one on bismanonline.com for $25.
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

Daryl wrote:Not sure if your still looking for a press but there is one on bismanonline.com for $25.

Got my eye on it Daryl Thanks !!!
Norm
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

it would be great to get to meet you.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:46 pm.
Coyotes Forever