RULES

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Tyrant

RULES

Post by Tyrant »

Was wondering if the use of two way radio's is legal in ND.

My normal hunting partner and I have a pretty good code worked out but with the throat microphones now a guy could work them pretty silently.

Thanks in advance,
Norm
Tyrant

Re: RULES

Post by Tyrant »

Going to drop a dime on Fish and Game, will let you all know what I discover.

Norm
Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

LEGAL to use radios to aid in harvesting fur !!!

Throat mikes on order !!

Norm
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

Just a FYI. Me and another guy tried the throat mics and they didn't work that well. They didn't pick up the wispers or soft talking very well. I think they would be great where you didn't have to be quiet. I have Garmin Rino 530hcx radios with the PTT mics and they have been really good. Just my 2 cents
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

We just use the ear bud type with the button on the cord and have a system of clicks as to whats happening and what we see and if its ok to move very simpleand once we move we can talk
a proud member of the "IF" team
Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

I think the radio when used right can be a GREAT tool for two people. I have definatly seen the benifits of knowing EXACLY what my buddie see's on the other side of the hill....

Daryl,
Thanks for the info, my throat mikes are a PTT type and I will be able to give you a opinion in two weeks when I get back from work and get to test drive them. I'm going to order a set of regular boom type as the ones that came with the radios SUCK !! Now I'm worried the T-Mike type will also SUCK....

Anyhow, Keep letting the air out of em Boys !!!!

Norm

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:42 pm.