Muzzle Loading Scopes vs Normal rifle scopes

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

sm8213
coyotehunter

Muzzle Loading Scopes vs Normal rifle scopes

Post by sm8213 »

OK dumb question.
My wife bought me the 22-250 I have been looking at as an early chirstmas gift. She also had a scope with a lighted crosshair. Unfortunatly she got the muzzle loading version of the scope. It does have a BDC in it. Can I use this scope or do I need to go exchange it?

Scott
lyonch
coyotehunter

Re: Muzzle Loading Scopes vs Normal rifle scopes

Post by lyonch »

I would do it up right and get it done the first time. Take it back and get the one that you want. You will be alot happier in the future. I dont think that a muzzleloader version of a scope would be effected by a .22-250 but with the BDC reticle you might want to reconsider. There are a ton of reticles out there and definitely get that one you want. If you dont you will be kicking yourself in the pants wishing you had :D Just my 2cents.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Pilgrim

Re: Muzzle Loading Scopes vs Normal rifle scopes

Post by Pilgrim »

Scott,

Willing to bet most here'll encourage you to exchange the scope. I would. As Chris suggests, look-look-look until you see what you want. As far as reticles go, anywhere between fine crosshair and BDC w/ duplex somewhere in the middle. I recently convinced myself to consider a BDC and after looking at several I ruled out very quickly mostly because I know how my brain prefers to work. That's just me.

I like high quality, unpretentious & bombproof "stuff" and most of my rifles have Leupold Vari III scopes w/ duplex reticles but I'll also add that there are super scopes around $200. I own 2 Weaver Classic that I'll endorse all day long. If you're new at this I suggest check out Burris Fullfield II, Weaver Classic, & Nikon Buckmaster or Monarch series in 3-9X.

Best advice from me is learn from the process and keep your wife- Seems you have a good one!

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:12 pm.