Beulah

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Daryl
coyotehunter

Beulah

Post by Daryl »

Just wondering if anyone else will be trying there luck at the Beulah tourney on Sat the 16th. If you are I will see you there. I am sure I know who will win it but I will still give it a try. :D
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

Well just got in from the Beulah coyote hunt. 24 teams registered 9 coyotes killed and to answer alot of the wind questions on here the Beulah hunt usually turns in alot of dogs like 30+ but this year we had 45mph wind and hunting was tough. Todd Heid and Kelly Johnson took 1st with 4 second had 3 and third had 1 along with fourth place with 1 taken by Travis and Jermey Horning and friend Rolland. Trying to hunt this wind was like trying to hunt in 4 feet of snow I think but we gave it a shot and had fun. I want to thank my partner Garth Baker from Lamour who knew it would be windy but made the trip anyway. :D
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

That always makes it tough. anything on a day like that is doing good
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
khspeed_2001

Post by khspeed_2001 »

How did you end up doing Daryl? That sure was some wind my partner was less than 50 yards from me and couldn?t hear me calling. I had 1 yote coming but held up about 150 yards in with the cattle and wasn?t able to pop the sucker. Also had 1 red fox run by like a streak of lightning I guess I SHOULD HAVE SHOT THE RABBIT TO TAKE 5TH PLACE? I wonder what they use on the one yote a cannon? :shock:
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

Well we only saw one all day we called 9 stands I think it was. They were the only ones I knew with good draws that may be successful in that wind but never fired a shot. Ya we saw some Jacks to I guess should have brought one in for 5th :lol:
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Are you guys just joking around or are jackrabbits actually worth points?
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing.
khspeed_2001

Post by khspeed_2001 »

Only 4 teams produced any yotes so there was no 5th place and the bar owner made the side joke that a rabbit could've taken 5th. I'm sure he wasn't serious about it though just the lack of yotes taken.
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

Ya it was a joke since not enough dogs to take fifth so he took the fifth place money and split it up into the first four.
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

O.K i see i was going to say!