The N.R.A. needs us and we need the N.R.A.

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Hitman off road
coyotehunter

Re: The N.R.A. needs us and we need the N.R.A.

Post by Hitman off road »

I couldn't have said it better Prairie Ghost.
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. They'll have to pry mine from my cold dead hands.
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

Hitman off road wrote:I couldn't have said it better Prairie Ghost.
AMEN. just had a friend over for a cold beer and we started talking about this subject and he said something that made sense. he's been a member for many years and does send e-xtra $$ sometimes but he said tonight that he is pretty well pissed as well about all the junk mail he gets. here is how he stated it. he does'nt read much so the mags are not real important to him. i love to read and get a pile of mags from numerous diff. ones. since i'm not real political (but learning more each day) he said he would be more happy to get some kind of pamphlet instead of the mag. that describes what elected officialls are good for use and bad for us. let us know what new gun laws are going to affect us and more importantly who/how to contact about these issues.. damn it, i just went to get a cold one and lost my train of thopught :roll: o.k it's coming back. now what he said makes sense and i'm sure others would agree. i do think the n.r.a. is the best tool us gun owners have to fight for our rights but i just don't follow issues that could affect me and you like i should . most people get there info from the main street media,(news). and i'm learning most are quite biased towards the dem. party and whther you believe it or not, they are not a gun owner friend. :( hunting ,fishing shooting is my very soul. it is who i am. i can't imaging the day that guns will be resricted but i do fear the day is coming. imo, i could give a shit less if i make a lot of $$ if i can't enjoy life the way i chose and quite frankly, i would'nt know how to live my life without a gun behind the seat and a gravel road to take home. Wiz, i do respect yours and all opinions but i think your really missing the boat here.. gotta go .i needs a cold one :) :) p.s prairie ghost, wher've ya been :? :? :? . missed ya :wink:
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Hitman off road
coyotehunter

I'm going to send a message to the NRA suggesting that they do a monthly or even quarterly pamphlet with exactly the info bucksnbears mentioned. I will let them know that there are some members that would prefer a summary like that to the magazine (kinda like a voting "cheat sheet"). I prefer the magazine, but I like to read, you have to have something to do while pretending to listen to the wife.
I would like to suggest that any of you who like that idea (the pamphlet, not the wife) write to the NRA and tell them what you think.
We are a polite (mostly) and well spoken group, we can influence the changes we want to see,especialy in a group like the NRA that exists for and because of us.
Let's not forget that the govornment is also there for and because of us, and we can change it as well.
Any positive change will start with groups like us, we are the core of America.
Think about it, know your local gov, make sure they know our stance on gun rights, and let them know they won't get reelected if they move against us.
Any change has to start locally and move up to the county, state, etc.
If gun owners unite, and we are loud enough about it, they HAVE to listen. Just look at the anti gun groups, we have to copy them.
This is for all the marbles now, our actions (or inactions) could decide the future of gun rights for our country.
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. They'll have to pry mine from my cold dead hands.
wizbang
coyotehunter

Post by wizbang »

[quote="Prairie Ghost"]Wizbang there is people in this world that consider you an "idiot" you can't tell chris he can have a gun and bucksnbears that he can't its just not american. quote]

So be it. I look around and see gangsters and schizophrenics toting guns everywhere they go-- am I an indiot for saying they shouldn't be packin'?? There are some in the world that would consider people foolish and shallow-brained if they think everyone-- without exception-- should be allowed to have any amount of guns they want. Not the most blue-collar job and some of you will surely call me a "hippee" freak but I'm a psychologist. I used to do in-home work with really sick people (hallucinations, thinking they needed to kill someone, etc). In doing the in-home stuff, we'd be in the community, etc. A couple of clients really liked going to gun stores during their sessions with me. We'd do therapy in the stores (not many people know therapists do that). I'd see them drooling over some gun with initentions completely different than ours-- not hunting, etc. Knowing what I knew about them, it made me want to throw up to know that-- to get a gun-- all they'd have to do is lie on the ATF form and say they're mentally healthy. Am I an idiot now, Prarie Ghost??

I pray someone (like me and you, Prarie Ghost) doesn't get hurt. Then I drive down a gravel road like bucksnbears' with a damn tear in my eye because I love my way of life so much-- hunting, guns, cold beer-- and I know its under threat from idiots that give us a bad name. I'm not saying chris or bucksnbears shouldn't have guns-- I'm not sure how anyone came to that conclusion. I'm saying the psycho down the street with 3600 rounds of 5.56 and a two-month meth high shouldn't be allowed to pack and give me a bad name so my rights are taken away. The reason I like some legislation is because it ensures I won't be grouped in with these ill-willed people and lose my rights. I want my guns as much as as you all-- I just get pissed when dicks shoot each other and make it look like every gun-owner is bad. "not American"-- okay. I guess I'm okay with that. Anarchy and complete libertarianism is not American either.

If you want your guns (like we all do) then we should protect our group's good name. Other than that-- I'm not sure freaking out about such trivial things as how many rounds you can legally have in your clip is really the best use of time or energy. IMO
Hitman off road
coyotehunter

I have enjoyed and agreed with a lot of your posts wiz, but now you are talking like a liberal.
NOBODY said gangsters,criminals and psychopaths should have guns. They are already prohibited by law (at least in il and wi) from owning guns. If you do your job and document the psychopath as such, then they can't buy one.
Again, I can only speak for the states I've lived in.
But no STUPID law will EVER take the illigal guns off the streets! Maybe you want to try jimmy carter's moronic idea of giving gangsters shoes for the guns they turn in, that should work, right? Oh, wait, IT DIDN'T!
No laws will ever take all the guns off the streets, criminals are by definition criminals, they break laws.
If having more people armed is the problem, then why has every state that instituted legal concealed carry enjoyed massive decreases in crime? By your logic shouldn't there be nothing left in those states but drooling psychopaths?
I don't care how many rounds they have in the mag, they can reload. I care about how many rounds I have to protect my family before I have to switch mags.
How will taking MY large capacity mags away make you safer?
I love my way of life too, let's work together to protect the rights that allow us all to live this way.
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Amen Hitman.
Dan
coyotehunter

Post by Dan »

Hit Man    your right on tract. I live in Ca and contrary to popular believe  we are not all flamming liberals here ther are alot of conservitives like myself. The thing that scares me is that there are so many gun owners that dont support the NRA . I went to the local gun show this weekend and was talking with a NRA offical and he was saying only 22 percent of the gun owners  acrross the nation belong to the NRA , if all responsible gun owners would support the NRA they would have the funds to fight off any anti gun group.I hope that my grandchildren have the same gun rights many years from now that I do but its going to take all sprotsman and gun owners to stand together and speak up againts all the anti- gunners. Its not a privlidge its our right.
Pilgrim

Post by Pilgrim »

Wizbang,

Did I read (correctly) that you're a psychologist?
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

WIZ those people are not allowed to own guns they would have to be breaking a law to get a gun and that is not something any of us have any control over. They would have to steal a gun, or lie on the paperwork when getting one. If they want one bad enough to break the law to get it then more laws will not solve that problem.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Tango
coyotehunter

Post by Tango »

Wiz,
just my two cents. i honestly don't know if you know this or not so i am not trying to offend you in anyway, but criminals do not go to the local Walmart and by there guns. they would be looking for one of the street. maybe one with the numbers scratched off so it can't be traced. lets us think about this for a moment. walmart or other department stores that have a sporting goods place has not sold a handgun for a long time. i live in nd shop in sd lived in wv, they don't do that now yes you can go to like east grand forks to Cabelas & buy hand guns or into DL, nd to a all around sporting goods store they cover everything sports there, in the back of the store (legally) is the guns department and buy a hand gun, but that takes somebody with a clean record to purchase one. so i said all that to say this. if it requires documented sales to by a handgun by someone (according to the laws) with the proper background, then why is more crimes being committed. where are all the handguns coming from. how are we to get those numbers off of the gun so we can properly trace it back to the owner. would you like to know what i think. home invasion is the answer. law abiding citizens do all the hoop jumping red tape procedures get the gun home tell a few friends show it to a few word get outs you know how small town talk is. and then someone breaks in to the house most likely when they are not home, because they could end up with the sudden case of LEAD poisioning and then goes out and commits the crime. say thing happens when they lets say rob a bank. do you think that they go out to the local car dealership & BUY a used vehicle no of coarse not they go out and steal one somewhere and ditch it. we don't need more mandates to get control over the criminals obtaining guns they are not getting them from walmart or any other place like that. it is all off the street, HOT guns. as i said earlier, what good would that do anyways. having the numbers registered won't help the detectives to solve the crime. lets say somebody does leave a gun at a crime scene. most likely it would go back to a proper owner that just a few weeks earlier had a home invasion. if you would like to solve this problem. i have a solution. and with everything going on right now in government this does not sound to off base. provide some how a proper gun case. i mean a good own. not one of these glass doors with the deer sketched into it by aciding the glass. although i would like to get one of them soon. if someone wants to break into your house they can do it. no way around that. but if gun owners had a gun case that bolted to the wall (i have one) and have it locked when leaving the house with all the guns in there then that might cause the thief to reconsider his options of staying there and fooling with that or more on. now if more people would do that think how many times it would cause him to reconsider. we hand our these gun locks and all why not even one step better than that. a good affordable gun safe.
right where God wants me
Tango
coyotehunter

Post by Tango »

Wiz
the reason i believe that there has been a big push to register guns in my own opinion is this. they say its so to not get guns into the hands of criminals or such. so then why do they still register it once they find out that your background check came back clean. why not just sell it to you then and not register it. my opinion is this that one day they (government) will force walmart stores & such hand over those documents so they can be familiar with who has what and where. Yes so they can come and remove them. in the state of IL or IN the national guard had been told that they would going to go onto some training, would you like to guess what kind of training session. i will give you a minute to think about it. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
time is up they were going to go into training for home entry. to go into homes in search of guns from illegal gun dealers, gun smugglers so they say. it was to be home from home not a selected few because they had evidence but house to house. but somehow the NRA got wind of it & put a stop to that right away. Thank you NRA i hope that these 3 1/2 years go by quick.
right where God wants me
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

well, hate to say it but i'm calling tomarro and cancelling my wifes membership. she sent in her 1 year membership fee's about a month ago and with it i sent a note saying if we were to get ANY calls or letters asking for more $ $ or any kind of solisitation we/she would callcel her subscription. guess what, about 15 minites ago they called and asked her what she would do if someone was to take her guns away. i heard her say. I'M FIGHTING A FLOOD RIGHT NOW AND AM WORRYING ABOUT MY HOUSE AND YOU HAVE TO CALL TO ASK ME THAT??. sorry but what part of don;t call for solisitations dont they understand. i will still stick up for the nra but enough is en-------
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Hitman off road
coyotehunter

Good luck with the flood bucks, we wish you the best.
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Some hunters,gun owners,believers in 2nd amendment rights don't like the NRA for assorted reasons as this thread shows.
I urge those,and NRA members as well,to consider supporting this Org which plays a big role in nearly every legal case involving our rights.
Look the site over,read the 'Mission Statement' and see just who,what they are and stand for.For $15 bucks you can join and help-less than half a tank of gas.

http://www.saf.org/

Good hunting!
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

This is all a great read. lots of opinions.
Coyotes Forever