The N.R.A. needs us and we need the N.R.A.

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Dan
coyotehunter

The N.R.A. needs us and we need the N.R.A.

Post by Dan »

I was talking to a few people at a get together this weekend and was very suprised to find out they are gun owners and dont belong to the N.R.A. I feel we all need to belong to the N.R.A. for these reasons I know Im not articulate enough to speak before congress and get my point across , and I also know I dont know the law well enough to but heads will all the lawyers that infest American politics . Im a life member of the N.R.A. and proud of it and I know all the funds I send there way are going to fight for my gun rights as an American.The N.R.A. has plenty of well educated lobbyist to get our point across. I also know at this time we as sportsman and gun owners, that we need to stand together and not let happen here what has happened to gun rights in other countrys. When your gun rights are taken away your not a citizen of your country your a subject of its goverment.
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Re: The N.R.A. needs us and we need the N.R.A.

Post by bucksnbears »

kinda a sticky subject with me. i have been a yearly member of the nra and know they do a pile of good for the gun owners of the u.s.a. but i got real sick of the letters and bullshit that came in my mailbox way to often that pretty muck only wanted $$$$$$. i would be happy to spend some $$$ on an organization that can really help us and not be so political about it. just the price of my yearly membership is spent sending me back stuff to send more $$$. i may be wrong but the nra seems a bit to pushy for me.
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

bucksnbears.........Amen....... :(
a proud member of the "IF" team
Dan
coyotehunter

Post by Dan »

Maybe just alittle pushy but better to be pushy than sit on your lorrels and loose our rights remember someone talking about change I dont think he had gun owners rights in mind .Pulosey the mouth of the house wants your guns and Ill take pushy from the N.R.A long before I give up my guns. Something to think about Hitler took gun rights away from the Jews in 1939 and dont think for one minut it cant happen here . Nothing worth while is free.
Hitman off road
coyotehunter

Post by Hitman off road »

The NRA can be pushey, they do just keep asking for cash.
The more you give them, the more they want.
BUT,,,
They are the ONLY ones who can and will help us. Without them, what good are the skills we have worked so hard to hone. We could very easily loose our hunting rights.
The Obama admin will not resist the gun grabbers or the anti hunters.
I'm an NRA member.
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. They'll have to pry mine from my cold dead hands.
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

don't get me wrong, i'm 100% nra but when i send my membership $, thats all i really want is a 1 year at a time membership. i know we are in troubled times politically and i DO wish all gun owners would become members but the pestering for more $$ gets real bothersome.
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Dan
coyotehunter

Post by Dan »

what will be bothersome is when the feds are knocking at your door for your varmint guns. Im a life member but if we could get every gun owner to be a yearly member the N.R.A. wouldnt have to hound the rest of us so much Im not complaning I will continue to give all I can. The one thing you can count on with the N.R.A. is they will keep you informed about every law and bill the goverment is trying to pass without our knowing it , the local liberal papers wont do that. Another thing we all need to think about is without the 2nd amendmant there will be no 1st amendment.
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Politics!! Politics!! :roll:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

The feds will not be knocking on anyones doors to take anyones rifles! :roll:
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Hitman off road
coyotehunter

Post by Hitman off road »

Trusting obama? Good luck!!!
I don't.
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. They'll have to pry mine from my cold dead hands.
Dan
coyotehunter

Post by Dan »

Hit Man  , your right on the mark if we trust Obama we are in big trouble, his speaker of the house ( Puglosey )  is going to try to make it almost impossible to purchase a firearm or ammunition they are going to try every angle to disarm the American public and if we all sit around  and say its not going to happen it will be to late to stop them. Right now as we speak there is a bill going to congress that will make it illeagle ( if it passes )to own any firearm that is clip fed.this inclueds 10-22s and every other clip fed firearm I cant lie to myself and say its going to be ok, when the writings on the wall Puglosey , Clinton and the rest of them wont sit still till they take away our 2nd amendment rights . The N.R.A. is the only voice we have so lets give them the support they need.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Great discussion guys.
Coyotes Forever
BradB41

Post by BradB41 »

This is a good discussion! I agree with most everything I have read. I don't like all the soliciting, but I understand why they do it. We all need to contribute, as well as be sure our congressmen and women know where we stand.

My opinion is that most politicians are just weasels whose primary goal is to get re-elected or benefit in some way from the power of their position. In my neck of the woods (southern Illinois), most of the legislators are Democrats. At the state level, even the Democrats are vocal supporters of the Second Amendment. There are tons of sportsmen in this region, and there is no way an anti-gunner would get elected. In fact, although McCain lost Illinois, he won all but two or three counties in southern Illinois.
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Yes,NRA or not,make sure your politicians know how you feel.Suspect our 2 Senators and one rep are sick of hearing from me-but they will continue to hear from me on every firearms issue. :evil:
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Ins't every bill (new law) public information?? If so is there a website that someone can go to, to view these bills that are trying to be passed??
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!