Coursing means the high speed pursuit of game (or a subsitute for game such as an artificial lure) by a predator hunting primarily by sight. If you have stories, pictures, question or discussions on 'sighthounds' or 'gazehounds' post it here.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

New member added to the pack.

Decided to add another dog to the pack since two is so much fun..
Running walker named Sally..

Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Re: New member

Post by Coyotehunter »

nice looking dog
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

And here is Sally with her first coyote..
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

Weather conditions turned to crap, rain, snow, melting snow and sub zero temp.s and now snow with a good crust on it..
Been waiting dam near two weeks for the conditions to get better and today was the day.. 35 degree's, light wind out of the west and soft snow that would hold a coyotes scent longer..( Perfect) Walked through a cat-tail slough and the dogs didn't pick and fresh scent up so we pushed on to a big willow patch. I had a shooter walking with us and covering my flank and he got up ahead of us before we could reach the willows. As he approached the willows a coyote breaks out in front of Copper and Sally and the chase was on, the dogs stayed with the coyote for 2 miles till it finally bayed up. Had one of the members of the group send his young son in with a shotty and he made short work of the female coyote and was happy as can be as this was his second coyote ever. The young man shot a coyote the year before in the next section to the east as Copper chased it right to him.. For awhile there with the weather I thought the nose on both my dogs was shot but have learned its just the weather conditions. wonder if the weather conditions affect a coyotes nose the same way..
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

My main dog Copper is laid up for a spell so I'm just hunting with sally. had some more good weather for running Sally and boy she has really turned it on lately. She goes in on the coyotes fast and silent and can really put the heat on them, now I just need to get my shooters to do there part. :lol:
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

With Copper being laid up every other day decided to add another dog to the group so sally has a partner to work the coyotes with and there for back up if needed.
New dogs name is Daisy another Running walker that comes from S-E MN.

Daisy and Sally;;

Oh and she just loves my jokes I tell..