Keep yourself current with the Radical Tree Hugging Greenies

Any information straight from the folks at Coyotehunter.net will be posted here. Members can reply to these threads but cannot begin new ones.

Moderator: Coyotehunter

Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Keep yourself current with the Radical Tree Hugging Greenies

Post by Coyotehunter »

Keep yourself current and involved with what these groups are doing and what laws they are attacking and/or trying to create. If you know of a site that is trying to attack your way of life as it concerns predator hunting and trapping post it here.

http://www.biologicaldiversity.org/swcb ... -2006.html

http://www.biologicaldiversity.org/swcb ... index.html

http://www.biologicaldiversity.org/swcbd/

http://actionnetwork.org/campaign/wilderness_predators

http://www.jhalliance.org/Library/Allia ... .12-06.pdf

http://audubonmagazine.org/features0705/incite.html

Campaign Unavailable

We're sorry, this alert is no longer available. If you would like to learn more about ways you can take action, please visit Center for Biological Diversity - Biodiversity Activist.

The short explanation of this alert was:

The U.S. Forest Service just announced plans to relax rules that govern "predator control" in federal Wilderness areas and Research Natural Areas of our National Forests. The move would greatly expand the ways that wolves, coyotes, cougars, bears, foxes and other predators can be killed in these areas, and it signals a very disturbing shift in the way our public land is managed.

The proposed rule would permit aerial gunning and motorized vehicles in Wilderness areas to trap and kill predators and meet nebulous "wildlife management" objectives, which would be created by industry-driven "collaborative groups." The rule would also allow notoriously dangerous "M-44" cyanide guns to be used in Wilderness areas, even though these devices have accidentally killed thousands of family pets and non-targeted wildlife. Please take a minute to write the Forest Service and demand that it reverse this disastrous plan ? and instead put its energy and resources towards ensuring these animals continue to grace the wild.

http://www.peta.org/
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

what do you think of this article

Post by Coyotehunter »

Archived Story
01-22-2007: news-opinion

Coyote hunt
hardly honorable
By TOM DONAHOE
Spicer, Minn.
About the Dickinson coyote hunt:

Coyotes belong to a species native to the great plains. They are an important part of the ecosystem.

Take out coyotes, and people will see a big increase in pocket gophers.
I am a hunter and part of the ecosystem.

I take no pleasure in killing, but know harvesting and taking the life of something I will eat is much more honorable than killing a predator to boast about skill as a hunter.

Animals hunt to eat. Humans who kill for sport have nothing to be proud of.

Archived Story
01-20-2007: news-opinion

Killing contests
harmful to hunting
By CASEY PHEIFFER
Washington
Organizers of coyote calling contests may talk about sportsmanship, but there is nothing ethical about shooting animals to receive prizes and money (Dickinson schedules Coyote Classic, Jan. 12).

At the end of the day, a winner is still declared, based upon the largest pile of animals.

Using killing contests to promote hunting is odd, considering that many hunters find them in complete opposition to fair chase and refuse to participate in them. Additionally, many members of the 96 percent of the public who don?t hunt and previously had no feelings about hunting, learn of these events and then become opponents of all hunting.
Hunting is not a game with winners and losers. Handing out more than $10,000 in prizes and money is definitely an incentive to cut other ethical corners. For instance, participants might shoot at a distant or retreating coyote, resulting in a wounded animal, who on another day they would have let pass.

Coyote contests don't help sheep ranchers, and they don't promote hunting.

They only result in an archaic and inhumane waste of life.

(Pheiffer identifies herself as the deputy campaign manager, hunting, of the Humane Society of the United States. Editor)
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

It insane how someone can write an article like those and have no background in coyote hunting. My opinion, before you someone writes in article, and give coyote hunting a bad name, they should do a couple of hours of research and they will probably understand how it can be helpful.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

There are some days that i wish reporters were on "THE LIST"
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

lyonch what do you mean?......They are on the list :twisted:
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

LOLOL good one brad :lol: i will always use "THE LIST" to refer to so i don't have to flat out say it. Cause with my luck there would be somehbody out there who would read what i type and next time something happens to somebody i type about, i will be on the police officers list. :wink:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I read my list and checked it twice and Tree Huggers are diffenitly on "the LIST".

I did not know I was promoting the proliferation of gophers. Good thing this guy is pointing that out for us ignorant coyote hunters. If I have the time I will post some of the studies I have read about rodents and the effect coyote populations have on them. What I have read and if my memory serves me correct, rodent populations INCREASE as the coyote population goes up. I have read this several times. Maybe this SHMOE knows more than those biologists do, thank god we have guys like him to help us out.
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

I don't know where we would be without him! LOLOL
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
littlebigenuf
coyotehunter

Post by littlebigenuf »

I have nothing wrong with honing my marksmanship on rodents such as prairie dogs anyways. :)
coyotehunter

Post by 5.56 »

I wonder if they'd feel differently if we were hunting 'Mountain Lions' who were knocking on their door?

Poor little defenceless critters! :cry:
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington
shooter93
coyotehunter

Re: Keep youself current with the Radical Tree Hugging Greenies

Post by shooter93 »

we just had the Gov fly the area, im sure they killed some coyoyte, but there isnt much impact on the dogs here, talked to a rancher and told me the next day there was one standing by his correls, flying for coyotes dont do much here anymore because the use fixed winged aircraft, just like us callers we dont impact alot because in 2 weeks there will be a new dog in town, i think the amount of jackrabbits has alot to do with the coyote population over anything here, the calves are pretty much done here and i havnt heard any ranchers say about loosing any calves to coyotes, but lions is a different story, they just killed a 185 lb lion for killing a horse, you need some lions ill send some to you along with some fleas lol!
WAREAGLE
coyotehunter

Post by WAREAGLE »

Have any of you seen this video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er4_wp3apqc
SGT. KYLE
Fargus
coyotehunter

Post by Fargus »

WOW! :shock:

I'm not in mountain lion country, so I wasn't aware of how widespread a problem predator attacks are. We certainly hear enough complaints about 'yotes... not to mention the "my dog got attacked" and the "I was chased into my own house" stories.
1Shooter
coyotehunter

Post by 1Shooter »

Another site to keep a watch out for is http://www.sharkonline.org What a load of crap. Sure, some of the videos on there are of truely terrible "hunters" but the person who runs this website likes to categorize ALL hunters as terrible people. I'd sure like to put a couple dead pheasants on this guys doorstep :P
Savage 12 .22-250
(As of 4/18/10)
Gopher - 2
Skunk - 2
Coon - 10
Possum - 1
Fox - 2
Coyotes - 2
Beaver - 1
Ermine - 1
Muskrat - 19
Coyotehunter