To kill or not to kill.

This is an area for fox: Red, Swift, Kit, Grey...what ever you get a hold of. Calling, Spot and Stalk, Pics. Share your experiences Fox hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about Fox hunting here.

Moderator: Coyotehunter

blake
coyotehunter

To kill or not to kill.

Post by blake »

I have a soft spot in my heart for fox because it seems like so many hunters and so many coyotes ravage them in my area. I have this little guy spotted and he has been in the same patch of willows for the last few weeks in the middle of a 3 mile section. Question is, do I put the sneak on him, or let him live? I have no problem letting him live but fear he will end up like all the other critters-DEAD from someone else or the coyotes. What to do...
lyonch
coyotehunter

Re: To kill or not to kill.

Post by lyonch »

I say kill it! I kill because i would put it up and sell it. On the other note i would completely aunderstand if you let it walk! Try a long shot for good practice :wink: Yeah if you get it and oh well if you miss :wink:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

No shame in letting it walk, I let two walk this fall in the Williston tournament called them in to about 50 yards. Just didnt feel right shooting a fox out there since I have been hearing reports of the fox numbers increasing.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
barebackjack
coyotehunter

Post by barebackjack »

I passed up two this year already. They weren't in real thick "coyote country", and I figure we need the seed stock.

If they're in "coyote country" though, I kill em before the damn coyotes get a chance to!
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

LeviM wrote:No shame in letting it walk, I let two walk this fall in the Williston tournament called them in to about 50 yards. Just didnt feel right shooting a fox out there since I have been hearing reports of the fox numbers increasing.

That was pretty neat watching them emerge from the fog, then watch us the entire stand 8) They were some really nice fox too!
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Practice Shooting your new gun. put in the time and dial and smile if you miss whoopiieee at least it ain't a coyote. Down here most of the ranchers want them left alone except the sheepmen so i call them in and let them go. In ontario we will have to see how the wolf hunting is going :wink:
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!