Luke Oyloe Memorial Coyote Hunt
Williston, ND Saturday, October 25, 2020

COVID CANCELLED

Moderator: Coyotehunter

Daryl
coyotehunter

Re: Luke Oyloe Memorial Coyote hunt

Post by Daryl »

Where and what time does the Calcutta start?? Do we need to pre-register or can we register that morning? Looking forward to this hunt.
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

I received a phone call today from and individual by the name of Mike Kornkven. Mike is going to be making a very substantial donation to the scholarship. I would like for everyone to recognize the great thing that he is doing. If anyone knows Mike as a family member, a relative, or a friend please give that guy a pat on the back. It's great guys like Mike that make all of the behind the scene headaches worth it. Thanks Mike and some how or some way we will recognize you at the hunt for what you have done.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

We will be holding a Calcutta Auction at 9:00pm the 16th October 2009 at the American Legion to raise money for the Scholarship. You do not have to be in the hunt to participate in the Calcutta. you can register on line or the morning of the hunt. the sooner the better.
Coyotes Forever
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Tournament Rules Rev. 12Sep09
7pm rules meeting 16Oct09 American Legion
1. Entry fee shall be $40 per team. (80% pay back) Payback will be as follows: 1st 30%, 2nd 25%, 3rd 20%, 4th 15%, & 5th 10%. All prize money will be mailed to contestants the week after the tournament. If there are 15 teams or less Payback will be as follows: (75% payback) 1st 30%, 2nd 25%, 3rd 20% (Tournament Directors discretion)
2. Largest coyote ($10) and smallest coyote ($10) weights will be taken at check in. (100% payback). All prize money will be mailed to contestants the week after the tournament.
3. No Para planes, ultra lights, airplanes, ATV’s and/or snowmobiles.
4. Predators must be taken at least 50 ft. from any vehicle.
5. Use of an airplane, Para planes, ultra lights, ATV’s and/or snowmobiles the day of the tournament to locate Predators is prohibited.
6. Predators can be taken with any center fire .24 cal. or smaller cartridge, and/or shotgun, rim fire, or bow. (Tournament Directors discretion)
7. No more than 2-3 participants per team. One vehicle only.
8. Core temperatures will be taken from all predators at checked-in. Predators will be disallowed if temperature and time do not match.
9. The day of the tournament blocks will be distributed at the morning check in and placed in each coyote’s mouth immediately upon retrieval. The block must have the team number, and time of day marked clearly on the tag. Bands will be provided to place around the coyote’s mouth (top & bottom) to secure the block. THE BLOCK MUST BE FILLED OUT COMPLETELY AND BANDED IN THE COYOTES MOUTH. ANY COYOTE TURNED IN WITHOUT A PROPERLY FILLED OUT BLOCK (SEQUENCE NUMBER, TEMPERATURE, TEAM NUMBER) BANDED IN THE COYOTES MOUTH WILL BE DISALLOWED. Coyotes must be exposed to the outdoors. Coyotes cannot be placed in plastic bags, enclosed boxes, or stored inside a vehicle. It is impossible to get consistent core temps. if these standards are not followed by everyone. NO EXEPTIONS.
10. All entrants must be present and available to answer questions at both morning and evening check-ins. We will be picking 5 teams at random by number to be mediators, with 5 additional teams as alternates prior to the start of the tournament. In the case a team with any coyotes that are disqualified during the check-ins, the team/s with the rule infraction will have an opportunity—after check-in on Saturday—to request a review by their peers. The review will be of the facts as they pertain to the coyotes in question. One member of each of the five teams will have a vote, and the majority vote will be the final ruling. The team that requests the review will have to pay an additional $25 upon that request. This $25 will be refunded back in the event the ruling in question is overturned, If the ruling stands, the $25 will be forfeited by the team who requested the review. This is not an opportunity to re-write rules, but an opportunity to an impartial review of the facts. NOTE: Rule 19 is not review able, and is only enforceable by the tournament director.
11. No live decoys and /or dogs. (No running predators with dogs.)
12. No baiting.
13. All ties will be broken by check-in times.
14. Mouth calls, hand calls and electronic calls can be used.
15. No pooling of animals between teams.
16. Check in times strongly enforced. It is the contestant’s responsibility to check in with a tournament official. Check in times will be 5:00 AM to 7:00PM
17. You have to locate and call your own predators. You cannot have a second team or individual out scouting for you.
18. All coyotes that are checked in will be inspected and will be a donation to the tournament to help cover the costs of the event. Points will be awarded for the following predators: Coyote =10, Fox=5
19. Sportsmanship. Any team—upon the sole discretion of the tournament director—that shows a lack of consideration for other teams, the rules, or is just being an all-around asshole, will be refunded their entry fee and asked to leave. If it is determined that any team or team member who—in the past—has a history of questionable actions, coyotes, behavior, etc., that is deemed detrimental to the enjoyment of the tournament by others, they will be banned from entering the tournament. No team has an inherent right to hunt tournaments sponsored, promoted or officiated by Coyotehunter.net, and Coyotehunter.net reserves the right to refuse entry to any team or team member who has displayed the above mentioned unsportsmanship-like behavior.
20. Scholarship will be awarded based on participation in the tournament, must be a senior at Trinity Christian School in Williston, ND, and submit a 1000-word essay on coyote hunting. There will be a 5 person panel that will vote for who will be awarded the scholarship after the tournament.

The rules are set out for the benefit of all participants to ensure everyone has equal opportunity for a great hunt and a chance at winning the tournament. Each predator will be examined at check in, and all rules will be strongly enforced. Core temperatures will be checked on all predators checked-in. We will have a large pool of predators to compare temperatures and times with, you should expect your animals to fall with in those ranges. If you check-in a predator that does not fall with-in those ranges the tournament officials will have soul discretion of disallowing the predator in question. Violating the tournament rules or the laws of the state can lead to that teams removal from the tournament and depending on the situation the local authorities may be notified. If you have a snowmobile and a shotgun and want to shoot some animals I would suggest you do not spend your money on the entry fee. Trapping, snaring, live trapping, shooting predators the night before or trying to take an animal in any way that would jeopardize the integrity of the tournament will not be tolerated and you will be removed from the tournament immediately.
If you would like to spend the day predator hunting with a chance at winning some gas money for more hunts, we would love to see you at the tournament.

Please sign that you have read the rules and understand them. At least one member of each team must sign prior to receiving blocks.
Sign……………………………………….date…………………….

Sign……………………………………….date…………………….
Coyotes Forever
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

trying to get this all put together. if anyone sees any errors or omissions please drop me a PM and I will try to get it fixed as soon as possible.
Coyotes Forever
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Donations for the Luke Oyloe Scholarship can be made online at http://www.coyotehunter.net/shop/cart.p ... gory_id=10
you can go into the online store under the catagory Coyotehunter.net.

or you can mail donations to:
coyotehunter.net
715 N 5th St
Douglas, Wy 82633
Coyotes Forever
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

Sooo If I read this correctly we can have a 3 person team....sweet?????
a proud member of the "IF" team
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

Just did th sign up thing...... SURE is nice to it on line "thanks coyotehunter" Should be GREAT hunt with good people :D
CH,chris and levi could not find a place to add sm/lg yote to my entry looked but no find?? also is there a buy out option on the calcutta? can't make it Fri. night (high school FB game) so just rtying to fig. out what to do..........Give Levi my credit card and bid # :shock: :shock:
a proud member of the "IF" team
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I will go in and see why it is not offering the big/little dog.
Coyotes Forever
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Tbush wrote:also is there a buy out option on the calcutta? can't make it Fri. night (high school FB game) so just rtying to fig. out what to do..........Give Levi my credit card and bid # :shock: :shock:
Tbush i think there would be more than calcutta money on there :wink: I think everyone will appreciate the free rounds of beers from you :lol: :lol:
Chris Lyon

Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Jack and Sevens on Tbush WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! now were talking.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

Oh boy Tbush is going... Jack and Sevens on you man guess I can fold and stay home now.
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

a heads up to those interested in attending. you may have difficulty getting a room in williston or any nearby town. my brother just talked to his buddy there and he said the odds of securing a room are slim to none. he's gonna let us stay at his place for the weekend :D . for those interested i know of an off the beaten path place that may have sleeping quarters. it aint much but has a shitter-shower and adult beaverages close bye. :wink: stayed there a couple times myself last year while coyote hunting.
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Thanks for the heads up BnB!! I will have to check into some of the places and see if it is possible to get a wing of rooms reserved for the hunters. Levi did some checking earlier and said that most of the decent places want 80 bucks a night :shock: There area few places a guy just can't trust, but i will see what i can come up with.
Chris Lyon

lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Levi just booked us a room at "The Vegas" in williston for 55 bucks a night. Here is a link for other motel/hotels in williston. Look on the bottom left corner of the screen and there should be a list there. just click on the one your interested in and it will come up with all of the contact info.

http://www.visitwilliston.com/Accommodations.aspx?ID=31
Chris Lyon