Re: Luke Oyloe Memorial Coyote hunt

Post by Coyotehunter »

More info to follow
Coyotes Forever
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

What?I thought this was a coyote tourney???Didn't know domestic dogs counted.Hell,even I could have got a couple of them. :lol:
Just kidding guys,congrats Lyonch and Levi! Maybe all that marksmanship practice is paying off???Good job.
Congrats to all though,sounds like a good time and worthy cause.
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Just to let everyone know, levi and i really did get beat by another team of hunters. Because of a technicality, we ended up taking first. There was a team that showed up with 7 coyotes at check in. My hats off to those boys!! There isn't too many people that i know that can come back with 7 coyotes in a one day tournament :shock: They had a missunderstanding on how to block the coyotes, and well they were really cool when the tournament official said i really hate to do this guys, but these are the rules and i can't ever let one of these slide. It really doesn't feel like a first place win, because all coyotes temp checked correctly. Even though there coyotes were DQ'ed they showed really good sprotsmanship 8) A special thanks goes out to all who competed in the tournament and helped set everything up. The American Legion was more than accomidating to all of us :D Levi shot a really nice male coyote. It weighed in at 38lbs and was by far the biggest body looking coyote i have ever seen at a tournament. Hopefully he can take a pic of it on the stretcher and show you what a montana pale looks like. It's just a beautiful coyote 8)
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

What a beautiful part of the country!!! I am very jealous of you guys that get to hunt that area daily!!! Thanks coyotehunter.net for another awesome tournament! I really enjoy seeing familiar faces at everyone of your tournaments. Chris and I had a blast hunting this tournament (very tired :wink: ) We saw dogs all day. This tournament was for a great cause, and for the 1st year, I feel we had a great success! Thanks to all of you that showed up!!!!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

+1 on the comments to the team with 7 coyotes.
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Mitch that was an awesome essay you wrote!! Marty, to take a kid out coyote hunting with you and showing him a couple tips and tricks says a lot about you. We need a few more fathers like yourself to help keep this coyote calling tradition as fun as it is!!
Chris Lyon

devildogg
coyotehunter

Post by devildogg »

congrats chris and levi way to go
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

devildogg wrote:congrats chris and levi way to go
Where were you? Thats the only reason we placed because you and Jessie werent there!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

LeviM wrote:
devildogg wrote:congrats chris and levi way to go
Where were you? Thats the only reason we placed because you and Jessie werent there!
no Levi, the reason you placed was because you used some swampgas chili for a "misting" agent :wink: :lol:
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

lmfao

Yes I did, that 1st stand was made me nervous!! Should I stay on stand or run back to truck!!! Well, I had to run back to the truck!! :?
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
devildogg
coyotehunter

Post by devildogg »

well ya know we didnt want you two to get discouraged and quit coming to tournments, because we like your money :lol:. actually the wife had plans for the weekend so i got to watch junior. i was jealous and wanted to be there though hopefully we can make the next one.
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

devildogg wrote:well ya know we didnt want you two to get discouraged and quit coming to tournments, because we like your money :lol:.
Your definitely good at that :shock: :wink:
Chris Lyon

Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Pat on the back to Jason and his brother they had to learn the hard way about the rules :( and handled it like gentlemen!

BNB that chili was amazing!!!

Levi I forgot about the racing back from the stand LMFA!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOL

the hunt went great and was for a worthy cause!! I'm sure Luke was smiling the whole day!!!
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

we had a great time in williston :) it was well run and got to meet some good guys. as for the chili, i was really hoping you all would eat LOTS so you were to busy doing things other than shooting coyotes :twisted: i need all the advantages i can get :? i'll have to work on my recipe a bit more :mrgreen: hope Lukes family had a good time :)
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

Great time at williston, Its nice to have an early tournament with good weather ( hope they are all NOT WINDY like last year)and to have a 3 person team was kinda nice our 3rd Guy "John" never been in anything like this and had a blast but ...I think I,m going to have hats made with "TEAM IF"on them for us, it was alot of IF only we did this, IF only we did that, IF only I didn't eat 5 bowls of bnb,s chili, :shock: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: IF only we would have shot that fox :evil: if,if,if,............ all in all money well spent for a good cause :D I'm only home for a day and will post a few pix I took end of next week when I get back from duck camp :D
a proud member of the "IF" team