COVID CANCELLED

Moderator: Coyotehunter

Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Luke Oyloe Memorial Hunt 2009 hunt results

Post by Coyotehunter »

News Release . . . For Immediate Release . . . Oct. 21, 2009

Luke Oyloe Memorial Hunt

The Luke Oyloe Memorial Hunt offered prize money and plaques to the teams that brought in the most number of coyotes. 16 teams participated in Saturday’s tournament and competed for $1490.00 in prize money and plaques.
The largest coyote taken was by Chris Lyons and Levi Mcnally at 38.09 pounds awarding them $140. The smallest was taken by Ira Wulter and Aaron Freed they received $140 for this 17.90 pound coyote. First place this year went to Chris Lyons and Levi Mcnally, Chris and Levi brought in a total of 4 coyotes, and were awarded $460.00 and plaques. Second place went to Bronc Ladue, Chad Baumann and Corey Baumann for bringing in 3 coyotes (5:28pm) they were awarded $312.00 and plaques. Terry Bush, Travis Bush and John Noonan bringing in 3 coyotes (6:32pm) won third place. Taking Home $225.00 and plaques. Marty Oyloe, Jason Falvag and Mitchell Kvernan brought in 3 coyotes (6:38pm), putting them in fourth place and earning them $76.80. Fifth place went to Richard Curry and Brad Stroebel for connecting on 2 coyote (6:36pm) pocketing them $51.20.

We want to thank the American Legion and special thanks to Betty KornKven for providing us with the facility and gaming license for the Calcutta. A portion of the money raised will be going towards the Luke Oyloe Scholarship fund. We will be awarding a $1500 scholarship each year to a Trinity Christian School student in Luke Oyloe’s name. This year’s scholarship recipient is Mitchell Kvernan, Mitchell had to provide a 1000 word essay on coyote hunting and participate in the tournament to be eligible for the scholarship. Congratulations Mitchell!

I want to thank Dave Guttormson (bucknbears) for bringing some amazing bear chili. I was thanking you all the way home Dave..............8 hours............

Thanks also to Foxpro, and Varmint Hunter Association for the doorprizes. Both of these groups are there every year supporting us and many other tournaments throughout the Midwest.

We did have a couple of teams that had there coyotes DQ this year. This seems to happen more at new tournaments were guys just are not that familiar with the format we use. We do not lump all these teams in the same bunch. We adhere to the rules to the letter. This was a great group of guys and a couple of teams just made some procedurial mistakes with the blocks. Jason and Dan Arnson brought in 7 coyotes for the day and we had to DQ all of them. They had everything else right even went as for as putting there initials on the blocks and caliber. Just no team numbers. Rules are rules, tough break though. I would assume that they will not make that mistake again. We hope to see everyone again next year and would be very happy to have them enter any of our tournaments again in the future.

http://coyotehunter.net/upload/results.doc

http://coyotehunter.net/upload/daily_results.doc

http://coyotehunter.net/upload/essay.doc

First place this year went to Chris Lyons and Levi Mcnally

Bronc Ladue, Chad Baumann and Corey Baumann

Terry Bush, Travis Bush and John Noonan

Marty Oyloe, Jason Falvag and Mitchell Kvernan

Richard Curry and Brad Stroebel

This year’s scholarship recipient is Mitchell Kvernan

Jason and Dan Arnson brought in 7 coyotes for the day and we had to DQ all of them. They had everything else right even went as for as putting there initials on the blocks and caliber. Just no team numbers. Rules are rules, tough break though.

Marty Oyloe, Jason Falvag and Mitchell Kvernan
Coyotes Forever
snareit
coyotehunter

Re: Luke Oyloe Memorial Coyote hunt

Post by snareit »

Javayne and I would like to thank each and every one of you for the Luke Oyloe Memorial Coyote hunt It truned out great. Thank you to all the teams and to all that help put it together hope I do not leave any one out. This hunt is bye fare the best thing that could have been done for keeping the memory of are boy alive tx again to every one hope to see you all next year Marty. I am pretty sure Mitch will keep you all informed on how are coyote hunting is going I am going to have to telll him not to be giving out so much info tho.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Marty is was our pleasure. It was an honor for us to be involved in such a special event.
Coyotes Forever
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Marty it was great to meet you again!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
snareit
coyotehunter

Post by snareit »

TX AGAIN Mitch and I made one call after work last night came right in both shoot at the same time he did not fair up real well did not have camera along Mitch was bummed I will not forget it no more I hope.
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Glad I could be a part of it Marty. keep tipping them over!
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Re: Luke Oyloe Memorial Hunt 2009 hunt

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Tough break both real good guys hated to see a good day of hunting go to learning a lesson.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

It's the least we could do for you Marty!! We are all glad that we can be a part of something as special as this.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!