bullet questions

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Kurt
coyotehunter

bullet questions

Post by Kurt »

Hi Jamie I noticed that in one of your pictures it lloked like you had a fur tumbler in your garage. I dont have one Do they work good? I just peel them and put the in an old ringer washer that i picked up this last year It works great just like in Blaine Eddys Video. Also have you or anyone used the Barnes Tripple schock in the 22-250 If so how was pelt damage. My rifle has a one in fourteen twist so it likes the 50-55s. I been using V Max Bullets with mixed results. If you get a nice behind the shoulder shot past a 100 yards it probaly wont come out but if they do it is not good
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Yep that is my tumbler, small but you can through a few in there at a time and it seems to work fine. Its an old propane dryer that used to be in my house. I had to do some work to it but it was 110V so I just took the outer cover off, switched moters, new pulleys to slow it down and put a new door on. I have a washing machine out there as well but I would prefer that old ringer washer. I have the Blaine eddy video, we used to e-mail back and forth but last I heard he got a divorce and I have not heard from him in awhile.
I have been using the 52gr. sierra BTHP in my .22-.250 with great success. Minimal pelt damage and a ease to load with 40.5 gr. of H-380. I used to shoot the V-max 55gr. but I got tired of the sewing. I have not shot any of the Barnes bullets and have not tried anything new out of that gun in some time now. I do not know much at all about those bullets. I will be selling Berger bullets on this site once I get the shopping cart finished up.