Jan 20th weekend

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Daryl
coyotehunter

Jan 20th weekend

Post by Daryl »

Well my friend Kurt and I went out today and didn't do the best we called in three coyotes. A single on one stand got him but boy did he have the mange pretty bad. Then we called in a double on another stand and the wind swithced on us and they winded us at about 350yds and bugged out I stopped the one but we were each kinda waiting for the other guy to shoot so needless to say they were gone. This was my first time actually hunting with Kurt and well I had fun hope he did to. We will try again tomorrow and if anything happens I will post pics. :?
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

Well today was worse than yesterday. We called a few stands and at one we had three coming in that we did'nt see and I kinda jumped the gun and said lets go so when we were standing there talking about our next spot I saw three doggs running back out about 80 yards through a wooded draw. If I would have waited a little longer Kurt would have had a good chance for a shot so I kinda botched that one for us. Then I got together with another buddy and we called a area that Kurt and I called yesterday with the same results. We could get them to howl like crazy and challenge for a bit but never to come in I am not sure if I am for fault of this or if they are just that educated. :x
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...