the colder the better?

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

yoteslayer

the colder the better?

Post by yoteslayer »

Hey all. Thought i would share my last coyote hunting adventure with you. Shelterbelt and myself went out hunting on Sat. Feb 3rd, and yes we froze our butts off! We weren't all too excited on the first stand until we were getting ready to leave and on the last glance I saw one coming in. that warms a guy up in a hurry. needless to say i missed him at about 200 yards. i blame it on the combination of cold and adrenaline. to make an even longer story short, we made six stands before noon and called in four yotes. only managed to anchor one in but it sure made for a hell of a day. this was one of our best outings in the cold weather calling. not sure what kind of success everyone else has late in the season but we thought we faired pretty well. the only call we bothered blowing in was the rabbit distress and it seemed to do the trick. good luck everyone! we'll try and get the pictures posted soon. stay warm.
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

I really like hunting the cold snaps!! We hunted that day also and had success but just had one of those days and couldn't get much killed. I definetly see a trend that the cold weather makes them group up more also. I really like when the groups of three and four come :D Besides i always seem to mess something up when i get that excited :evil:
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Rich Cronk

Post by Rich Cronk »

Good job there yoteslayer! Don't you just LOVE this global warming thing? :)
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

Rich Cronk wrote:Good job there yoteslayer! Don't you just LOVE this global warming thing? :)
LOL
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

LOLOLOLOLOL :D
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!