to howl or not to howl

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Coyotehunter
Site Admin

to howl or not to howl

Post by Coyotehunter »

there is a great conversation going on in another chat forum about howling that I want to make you guys aware of that you may want to follow.

http://www.huntmastersbbs.com/cgi/cgi-u ... 001250;p=1
Coyotes Forever
EO caller

Re: to howl or not to howl

Post by EO caller »

If I wanted to listen to an arguement I'd go to my grandparents house,let alone reading an arguement. Only made it to page two. :roll:
"CHASIN A DREAM-LIVIN A NIGHTMARE"
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

've made 3 so far. lots of opinions. some well written posts.
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Tactical.20

Post by Tactical.20 »

Huntmasters, aren't they the ones that are kind of anal on coyote terminaligy?
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

first time i visited that forum. there's allot of good info there. as usual, R.R. has great advice :) i've only went to 4 pages as i'm trying to absorb all that is to say. i know i'm having a hard time"not" howling latley. went out today and made about 6 stands and did'nt see a thing :x . (just distress) every stand had lots of tracks in the mud so i knew there were coyotes close. last week i heard of a family group of coyotes in a cornfield. i tried baby cottontail along with pup distress. the coyotes would poke there heads out but that was it. (all y.o.y.) none would commit to more than a few feet from cover. after the #'s i got to come into howls this past spring/summer, it's kinda ingrained in me to do it every time now :?: . i don't think i've ever howled in a coyote in minn. :( n.d. a whole different deal. :D
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."