couple of sunflower dogs

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

bucksnbears
coyotehunter

couple of sunflower dogs

Post by bucksnbears »

Image ahd to work outta town for a few hours today so on the way i took backroads (as always) :mrgreen: found some fresh scat and tracks on a muddy road along side a sunny field. theren was a drownded out dich cutting the middle of the field. perfect. my foxpro was dead so had to resort to hand call. started out with 2 howls followed by distrees(rabbit). about 5 minites in here comes one right dowm the ditch. it stopped about 80yards.DRT. started disress imediatly and about 1 more minite here comes another. this one walks right past the other and comes to about 60 yards. DRT. one was an adult female, the second was a male pup. the canines on the pup were just coming through and growing along side its other pair. ugly. the female had nice fur. both were shot straight on and niether bullet exited. .243 80 grain spbt. sierra.
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Tbush
coyotehunter

Re: couple of sunflower dogs

Post by Tbush »

NIce Job.............glad to see your AT work out of town :lol: I thought you was bear huntin too???
a proud member of the "IF" team
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

Tbush wrote:NIce Job.............glad to see your AT work out of town :lol: I thought you was bear huntin too???
yeah, and i thought you were coming to my camp to keep me warm :mrgreen:
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Must be nice to just stop and call whenever you want on the way to work and not worry about a boss getting mad about being late! 8)
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

Prairie Ghost wrote:Must be nice to just stop and call whenever you want on the way to work and not worry about a boss getting mad about being late! 8)
:shock: :shock: :shock: must be nice to have a JOB where you can stop and call and get PAID!!!!!!!! :lol:
Optimax90
coyotehunter

Post by Optimax90 »

bucksnbears wrote:
Prairie Ghost wrote:Must be nice to just stop and call whenever you want on the way to work and not worry about a boss getting mad about being late! 8)
:shock: :shock: :shock: must be nice to have a JOB where you can stop and call and get PAID!!!!!!!! :lol:
Hey BnB if you didnt blow there head s OFF you might get paid a couple bucks too..........
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
DustyC

Post by DustyC »

Nice work Bucks. Are you going to put up any fur this year? 8)
"God hates a coward"
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

no, putting up fur is not my thing. i've tried it and just can't get to liking it
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

Tbush, i'm headng out this morning... the offer still stands :)
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

Thanx bucks I'll call ya
a proud member of the "IF" team
1Shooter
coyotehunter

Post by 1Shooter »

Way to go bucks! Nice dogs! 8)
Savage 12 .22-250
(As of 4/18/10)
Gopher - 2
Skunk - 2
Coon - 10
Possum - 1
Fox - 2
Coyotes - 2
Beaver - 1
Ermine - 1
Muskrat - 19
Jerry Hunsley
coyotehunter

Post by Jerry Hunsley »

Buck, how fur friendly are those 80gr. spbt Sierra bullets. I am searching for another fur friendly bullet for my .243. I was using 70gr. nosler but my gun is showing some throat erosion . I am going up to 80 gr. to get closer to the lands. My 70 gr. was about .135 off the lands. It used to shoot very well .020 off the lands. I just bought some precision 74 gr. hpbt but haven't tried them yet. Jeff Rheborg told me about them. Looks like you didn't get too big of a hole on those two coyotes.
Tactical.20

Post by Tactical.20 »

That will teach them!!LOL You don't put up any fur? I am mad if it isn't good enough to skin and stretch, when I catch or shoot one. Great calling stand!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

Jerry Hunsley wrote:Buck, how fur friendly are those 80gr. spbt Sierra bullets. I am searching for another fur friendly bullet for my .243. I was using 70gr. nosler but my gun is showing some throat erosion . I am going up to 80 gr. to get closer to the lands. My 70 gr. was about .135 off the lands. It used to shoot very well .020 off the lands. I just bought some precision 74 gr. hpbt but haven't tried them yet. Jeff Rheborg told me about them. Looks like you didn't get too big of a hole on those two coyotes.
Jerry, i've only shot about 15-20 with them and so far so good. straight on and broadside chest shots they do great. kinda hard on them if hit to far back though. i'm gonna stick with them