Minot event scouting trip!

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Optimax90
coyotehunter

Minot event scouting trip!

Post by Optimax90 »

With the minot event coming up we decided to go take a look around (minot area) and found a few spots to call, and a few coyotes to shoot :D A buddy of mine told me "there are coyotes every where north west of minot" so we went up that way, and bye golly he was not blowing smoke for a change..... We made 8 good stands and came up with these four, one adult male, a old female, and younger females. Seen a few more, the wind was wrong and decides not to go in after them ( save them for the tourny) got backdoored on one and let him walk away without shoting at him :oops: All in all a good day of calling. Wind was blowing decent all day and it made for easy entry. The sun being high in the sky and cool temps made for napping yotes that were caught off gaurd :D All coyotes came in to jackrabbit distress, the old female needed a little "Kiyi" to to expose her self just enough to take her out at 267 with a stiff cross wind..... And we lost a "roady" but I aint talking about that :oops: :evil: :oops: :x :oops: :shock: :oops:
So hopfully we didn't get in to anybodys "secret holes" or kill a few that you guys have been saving :wink:

Minotscouttrip003-1.jpg
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
lyonch
coyotehunter

Re: Minot event scouting trip!

Post by lyonch »

If the weather cooperates, it will take a few dogs to win this year :wink: Keep stackin em up!!
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Minot hunt is a blast in the fall, if its good calling conditions, there will be a pile of fur at check-ins, most of them by the Terry or Travis probably :(
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

i hope i can make it to minot. started a job outta town and have been snafu'd. i'm a week behind schedule. :x
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Optimax90
coyotehunter

Post by Optimax90 »

Hope to see ya there bucks.. You can allways use the "materails didn't show up for the weekend" line :wink: Unless materails are being supplied, then that aint working :)
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

better watch it in that area Optimax... thats Bush country. he's got a nasty habit of sneaking up to a guy from behind :wink: you'll know him if you see him... bout 4'10" and mean as a snake :shock: sorry guys, no chili for this event :cry: :cry: . if i'm gonna come it'll be last minute decision. i'm 50/50
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

How about you just come and then you are at a 100% decision :wink:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

won't know till later this week. heading out in 15 minutes. if i don't make it, good luck to all. :D