finally some minn. coyotes

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

bucksnbears
coyotehunter

finally some minn. coyotes

Post by bucksnbears »

had to start a job by my bear camp. left thursday morning. friday morn. at sunup i seen 7 coyotes way out in a huge pasture. for fun i parked by some haybales and put the foxpro on the roof of the truck. sun was just peeking the horizon over my back. there was a HEAVY frost with zero wind :D .3 coyotes came flying acrooss the pasture right to me :D they looked like light bulbs coming in. tucker seen them coming and was going ape-shit. had the bipod on the hood and he was rocking the truck. shot 3 from the hood :shock: 2 yoy and the big dog. one hung up on a rockpile way out so i decided to sneak out and see if i could make it a quad :) . ended up hitting it and breaking a front leg. i think it also was hit in the other front leg. it was spinning in tall grass and i tried to finish it off but could'nt connect :roll: ran outta rounds. :( . tried to chase it down but i ran outta steam. it was struggeling to get away. if only i had 1 more round. :x :x. went out early the next morning to the same pasture in the dark and walked out bout 1/2 mile and waited for light. was doing jackrabbit distress for 16 minites with no takers. i did one more scan before leaving and there were 3 coyotes on a stock dam dirt bank behind me. 1 was bout 60 yards, 1 was 80, 1 was 120. i took the farthest 1st. the other 2 ran but stopped when i hit pup distress :D i shot another and the last one took off. hit pup ditress again and he stops :D DRT :D . for minn. dogs, they wer'nt to bad. not the brown types i'm used to back home :( i saved some of the nicer ones and gave them to a local trapper but he did'nt want them. wer'nt prime enought to put up. ended up taking 9 coyotes total. going back up today to work. got some new land to try :D Image Image
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Optimax90
coyotehunter

Re: finally some minn. coyotes

Post by Optimax90 »

WOW guess I know who the ringer is now at minot... Maybe you should work that weekend :D :D
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
DustyC

Post by DustyC »

ATTA BOY!!!!!!!!!!! Tuckers gonna turn into a good decoy dog. :D
"God hates a coward"
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Wackn n stackn atta boy!!
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
RandyRoede
coyotehunter

Post by RandyRoede »

Nice job BNB, you called in and killed Mn. coyotes!!! :roll:
Randy Roede
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

And they said it wasn't poosible. good work
Coyotes Forever
Critrgtr
coyotehunter

Post by Critrgtr »

Wow. Remember that signature you used to have on the bottom of your posts about "when you grow up you want to be like Mitch". Well I say its safe to say you Grew up... lol :lol: Congrats on all the coyotes man.
Jerry Hunsley
coyotehunter

Post by Jerry Hunsley »

Way to go bucks!! Those don't look too bad. Nice color.
Tactical.20

Post by Tactical.20 »

Good hunting! A couple of them look good enough for me, I sold a Bighorn coyote shot 1st days of Aug one yr. 2/3rds of best fur at the time in fall.