Sept. hunt video

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Sept. hunt video

Post by Tim Anderson »

I made a few stands in sept. when I was out to my calling area and picked up a double on first stand for the season. Video not the best and I forgot to turn camera on record on the female coyote that came in first but I got the male.... Keep in mind my camera is mounted on the rifle so its not going to be reall steady, hope I will improve as the season gets into full swing..

EO caller

Re: Sept. hunt video

Post by EO caller »

Nice job Tim. Its tough to video and shoot and make it come out good but there wasn't anything wrong with that. I've forgot to hit the old record button a few times myself. :wink:
"CHASIN A DREAM-LIVIN A NIGHTMARE"
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

what kind of camera set up are you useing.
Coyotes Forever
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

For mounting the cam. to scope I'm useing a "The rifle cam mount" which has mounting rings in three sizes, 1 inch and 30mm and one for shotgun barrel... The mount has a quick release so you don't have to have all the hardware on youre rifle when not useing the cam. The video cam is a panasonic digital so there are no moveing parts that couldbe effected by rifle recoil or by just hauling around... When going to a stand you can premount the cam or mount it when you sit down and before calling. Once mounted you will need to zero the cam in so that it is zero with scope ( see same picture in both). I just pick out a bush or fence post to use for zeroing in. Next is the zoom setting on the cam, you don't want it zoomed in to far to where it picks up the end of rifle barrel and yet not out to far as to not see the target clearly...
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

Here are a few pic.s of my set-up;;