Anybody Know of any Tourneys in Missouri, Iowa and Illinois

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

MCSO961B
coyotehunter

Anybody Know of any Tourneys in Missouri, Iowa and Illinois

Post by MCSO961B »

I live in Northeast Missouri and most of the tourneys posted on here seem to be far west of where i live. Does anybody know of any in my area?
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Re: Anybody Know of any Tourneys in Missouri, Iowa and Illin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

I know Pennsylvania has a few but the tourneys out east are run a little different they are hunt all season and see who has the heaviest at the end of the year. I don't know of any out your way that are a one or two day total animals harvested type hunts.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
MCSO961B
coyotehunter

Post by MCSO961B »

I think i would prefer the all season total coyote tourney better, but a two day would be fun too. Im doing pretty good so far this fall, already called in 13 this fall and im going again this morning. Ive only got skunked one day this year and i had four sets that day, other than that ive called one in on every set. My foxpro prairie blaster is Amazing. Almost feels like cheating!
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

MCSO961B wrote:I think i would prefer the all season total coyote tourney better, but a two day would be fun too. Im doing pretty good so far this fall, already called in 13 this fall and im going again this morning. Ive only got skunked one day this year and i had four sets that day, other than that ive called one in on every set. My foxpro prairie blaster is Amazing. Almost feels like cheating!

You should take some pics of these dogs and post them on the site. It would be nice to see some eastern dog pics!!
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

keep up the calling
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

I believe there is a calling contest held around the N-W part of the state. I met the guy that puts it on every year at the V.H. coyote contest but don't remember his name...
MCSO961B
coyotehunter

Post by MCSO961B »

I'll definately post some pics pretty soon. Fur season opens here on Nov 15, and i have a few bobcat dens scouted. So hopefully i'll have some good pics of them and some foxes too. Thats the one benefit to being a sheriffs deputy in a rural county. I get to scout out every night i go to work! (And i can speed without immunity). I think i have heard about the tourney on the west side of the state, but im pretty sure it is by St. Joe. That is 4 hours away, and i know zero landowners that way.