Dream Season

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

blake
coyotehunter

Dream Season

Post by blake »

I was thinking about winter trips, and pondered while I sat in my deer stand where "I wish" I could go this season...

If you could hunt one region in the U.S., where would it be? Yellowstone national park doesnt count.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Re: Dream Season

Post by Coyotehunter »

I would love to go and hunt coyotes in Mexico
Coyotes Forever
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

The same area I have been going to for years. I can't get enough of it!! For a change of pace wyoming or Montana wouldbe nice...
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

i'd like to hit the wilds of Nevada
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Optimax90
coyotehunter

Post by Optimax90 »

You hear this "wish I could go on this hunt" all the time :? DO IT!!! Every year we put a trip together, three more sleeps until we leave for a MT. Elk hunt :D :D Its not that hard to put a trip together... last year we went MT. antalope. Year before, made my first trip to the artic for a carribou hunt (and there will be a return trip) its not that hard.... Next year black bear hunting off a boat around Prince Whales Islands :)

The hard part is putting 3-4 guys together that are going to bring the same to the table as you are willing to do :) Im not loaded by any means, but this whole elk trip with tags and everything (DIY hunting) will be less than 1200.00 with a scouting trip we took a month ago. If a guy wants to make it happen there are lots of way to get it done, just saying....

I really want to put a coyote calling trip together for somewhere in the south, that Mexico hunt sounds like something that would be BAD ASS :D :D I bet with three/four guys, all gear in one four door truck w/topper, on a DIY hunt it would be very resonable....... Navada, Arizona, or New Mexico would be simple I bet.....
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
rorycoyote
coyotehunter

Post by rorycoyote »

im in on the mexico coyote hunt. south texas is supposed to have a large predator population too. i have heard wisconsin is one of the funnest places to run bear with hounds so would also like to give that a try.
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Mexico, west texas, or eastern Washington for coyotes. North of the border for Wolves has always been my dream hunt in North America 8)
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

If it didn't have to stay in the U.S., i would love to do an alberta coyote hunt!! Since i have to pick the U.S. i would love to hunt Alaska for all kinds of species, and of course get a wolf tag and fill it while out there :D
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Optimax90
coyotehunter

Post by Optimax90 »

lyonch wrote:If it didn't have to stay in the U.S., i would love to do an alberta coyote hunt!! Since i have to pick the U.S. i would love to hunt Alaska for all kinds of species, and of course get a wolf tag and fill it while out there :D
When we went on our carribou hunt we all got wolf tags, $35.00 extra :shock: I couldn't wright the check fast enough!!!! :lol: I took my calls with, but only managed to see some red fox, close up and personal
scan0002.jpg
scan0001 (2).jpg
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Pretty cool pics you got Optimax!!!
Chris Lyon

Optimax90
coyotehunter

Post by Optimax90 »

Ya it was a bad ass trip!!! One of the guys in our group dropped a nice bull across the river on the sand bar in the background, there was a group of fox that were camped out there eating on the scraps and gut pile for a day or two... Then one morning everything was gone, EVERYTHING!!!!! There were grizz track all over around camp, never seen one for sure (long story, it was dark, had to piss, and didn't have my glasses.....) One of the other guys said he seen three critters running across the tundra but couldn't tell what they were, but thought maybe they were wolves......
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I didn't catch that US part at first............California...............I have heard some crazy coyote stories down in that country. I have hunted Texas in October.........that is a must for everyone as well.
Coyotes Forever
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

There is a certain animal that has always peaked my interest since i can remeber and that has been a gold medal red stag out of new zealand. There is just something about the roar and the impressive racks they carry that i watch every show i can that shows them hunting a red stag.
Chris Lyon

blake
coyotehunter

Post by blake »

i think mexico would skin a couple of us gringos and hang us out to dry if we tried calling down there.
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

blake wrote:i think mexico would skin a couple of us gringos and hang us out to dry if we tried calling down there.
:lol:
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"