just wonderin'

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

leadbiscuit
coyotehunter

Re: just wonderin'

Post by leadbiscuit »

Yeah could get a little breezy without em
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

According to DustyC you need to hang them from your rear view mirror as well :mrgreen: It must have something to do with being able to grab them on such a short notice :lol:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

about a month ago i asked a land owner if i could call coyotes on his property and he said go ahead. this same guy has turned me down for bear hunting for the last 10 years. so i go back to the river an hang my call in a tree and move off about 25-30 yards. after a while i heard noise across the river and here comes a NICE chocolate bear. he paced back and forth but would not come across the water even though it was small and shallow. i tried sevearal diff. sounds but he would not come across. on the way out, i stopped and chatted with Stanley and told him about the bear. he asked where it is??? i said back by the river. he asked why i did'nt shoot it and i said cuz you've never said i could shoot a bear. he than said go a head and shoot every one you see.??? :x :x . my one and only time calling in a bear. did call in 2 wolves 2 years ago. that was ultra cool 8)
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I called in 2 golden eagles last friday to about 10 feet. Scared the shit out of me. came from below me up wind. they came in blind.
Coyotes Forever
leadbiscuit
coyotehunter

Post by leadbiscuit »

A couple years back I had a massive owl come in to a rabbit distress. It landed in a tree branch about ten feet above my head and slightly behind me. I sat there for about five minutes waiting for it to lose interest and leave. Finally I just stood up and scared it off. It's hard to scan for coyotes when youre expecting a great horned owl to land on your head. I call in far more birds of prey than I do coyotes. They're fun to watch.
223sav
coyotehunter

Post by 223sav »

I have also called in numerous birds of prey when on set, I guess I just kind of took it as a sign that I must be making a noise that sounds somewhat distressful. Although when they set up behind you, I'm always kind nervous about what they are thinking or what they may do next:):)!!!!!