Snow

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Dcoy
Top Dog

Snow

Post by Dcoy »

Saw the snow in Mitch's pics.
Anybody care to weigh in on snow depths along the Mo from say Bismarck to the SoDak border?
Any input appreciated.
EO caller

Re: Snow

Post by EO caller »

It snowed about six inches and is -1 degrees here in northcentral Oregon if that helps Dick. :D :D
"CHASIN A DREAM-LIVIN A NIGHTMARE"
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Thanks,it all helps-I guess.
Should be good videoing weather.Go get em.
We have a blizzard warning out here tonight.Nasty right now.Even the balloon over my barrel was flapping on deer stand tonight.Note I said balloon not condom-in my younger days it would have been a condom. :(
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

Dcoy wrote:Thanks,it all helps-I guess.
Should be good videoing weather.Go get em.
We have a blizzard warning out here tonight.Nasty right now.Even the balloon over my barrel was flapping on deer stand tonight.Note I said balloon not condom-in my younger days it would have been a condom. :(
bullshit, they had'nt even invented them when you were young :P . i wish Levi would quit praying for snow :x we have enough already. on a side note, sure is nice to see coyote sign again :D shot 2 sunday, 2 yesterday 5 miles from my house. been eating lagoon geese all summer. 1 got away.. will have to go back for that one :mrgreen:
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Bucs,
You'll have to give me that secret sound you recorded-before they outlaw it.
Our 'blizzard' fizzled thank god.Still cold and nasty and am drinking coffee this morning instead of hanging onto a tree limb in this wind.We got maybe an inch.Not enough for Levi but enough for me. :D
Optimax90
coyotehunter

Post by Optimax90 »

what side of the river you plan on hunting...... I think there is plenty of it, the problem is its going to drift and be deep along fences and ect... I think Im getting out this weekend that way i will post what we come up with from a first hand... After 5 weeks of this big game hunting, I don't know if I remember how to blow a call anymore :oops: time to get back to whats important a stop screwing around with all this deer/elk crap....
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

how'd you do out west Opti???
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Opti,
East river til mid january.Thanks for any info.
Optimax90
coyotehunter

Post by Optimax90 »

BnB spent seven days in the little belt mountains and never seen an elk, and very few deer :o this was my first Elk hunt and all I wanted to do was see a wild Elk....... Guess next time :) Did get a face to face with a Bobcat, that was cool!! I was walking up a MASSIVE drainage and there was a rock cliff on my right and I got to thinking "what the hell am I doing in here" I looked up and the bastard was looking down on me about 30 feet above me :shock: reached back to grab the camera out of my pack and when the camera went beep (on function) he was GONE :x Damn cool :) Thats the third bobcat in two years I have seen in MT. and I just cant bring my self to break the law and shot one :D

We broke camp and moved to south of Broadus and found a bunch of deer. I have been wanting a nice mulie for a lonf time and waiting for 5 years to draw a tag out there. And no I didn't get one, found a nice whitetail that wanted to caome home with me :) Long story short after 7 days in the mountains I tore up my ankle really bad, and the ranchers in the area said that the deer numbers were really really low..... So the first good look I had at a good buck turned out to be a whitetail, so I took it.

The next day we seen more nice shooter (mulie bucks) bucks than I could even imagin :shock: :shock: Thats why the guys with a tag left get the big ones, because they pass up all the little deer!!! All in all it was a great trip and can't wait to go back we did get to sit on a hill and watch a small plane run down and shoot what we figured was a coyote or two. never could see the ground but we could here the shots and see the plane doing some crazy flying :shock: :shock:
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

sounds like you had a good trip regardless :) are you in on the mandan tourney next week?? would love to check out your rifle before hand to make sure its working proper :wink:
Optimax90
coyotehunter

Post by Optimax90 »

hell ya we are!!! And I was hoping you could maybe come over and give all my rifles a once over.......
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

have a cold one ready and i'll give em all a thorough check :D :twisted:
Optimax90
coyotehunter

Post by Optimax90 »

hey that would be great!! Maybe you should come out this way a few days early and I could drive you around ALL the spot that I have been hunting the last few years and give you my GPS waypoints also :D The way you guys struggled to find coyotes last tournament, I would love to help out a little :roll:
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

there is too much damn snow :evil:
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Optimax90
coyotehunter

Post by Optimax90 »

just got back a few hours ago. And the snow was not bad at all :shock: We were still able to get down a few trails with the truck, and the fence lines were not drifted to bad at all... In fact the temps were above freezing and the snow settled alittle... I'm wishing for at least another foot before next weekend :twisted: :twisted: