Any Colorado Hunters?

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

wolfpup30

Any Colorado Hunters?

Post by wolfpup30 »

It has been pretty warm all fall and is just now getting cold down here and wondering if you guys have had slow results as I have and also wondering if you have any stategy for the early / warm season?
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Re: Any Colorado Hunters?

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Do more locating so that you "know" that you are on coyotes and can move as close as possible. (If your not having responses). Usually this is the time of the you can still be picking up stupid pups that are hard up for a meal.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

agreed. i like stupid pups :D
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
wolfpup30

Post by wolfpup30 »

Yeah the two I called up this weekend were young pups and thats the thing, I know that there are more in the area, they were just not responding. I did not hear any howls at night or after I started any of my call series. I know there coyotes in the area because we shot one off the road and saw another is the same calling are later that day. Also lots of sign and scat just none rushing the calls like usual and am thinking it has to do with the weather.