Anyone in NW Missouri

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

tobeymcmullen
coyotehunter

Anyone in NW Missouri

Post by tobeymcmullen »

A little intro from a newbie. I am a 32 year old novice yote hunter. I ave never successfully called a dog in. I know they are here, so I have concluded I am making the wrong sounds at the right time. I live in Cameron , about 45 minutes north of kc. I have about 1500 acres of area to hunt with no pressure from other dog hunters. Many reports of bobcat and fox, however, I have yet to get one or all the above. I shoot a Savage .222 With a 45 grain sp, Burris 4-9x50 scope.Hell i like the old pos with SMA groups.
The question is, is there anyone else here with experience in Nw MO that wants a new place to try while teaching a newbie?
StevenW
coyotehunter

Re: Anyone in NW Missouri

Post by StevenW »

I live in the Lee's Summit area, southeast of KC. I consider myself a new coyote hunter also, although I have hunted them in the past. I hunt mainly around the Richmond area and some of the state land on the KS side. I have some private land available to me in extreme northwest KS that provide excellent pheasant and p-dog hunting. Recently I purchased a FoxPro and have not had the chance to try it out yet, hopefuly I will in the next couple of weeks.

Steven