Foxpro Firestorm

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Pa Bowmaddness
coyotehunter

Foxpro Firestorm

Post by Pa Bowmaddness »

Getting ready to order one of these. I've read some reviews stating the remote won't work over 20 feet! Anyone have any experience with this? I am also considering the Fury or the CS 24. If anyone out there has any info on any of these good or bad any info would be helpful. I don't want to sink a bunch of $$$ till I get some info.

Thank you,

Madd
"Persue the things in life that stimulate your interest. Hold onto the ones that awaken your passion."

"Pay attention to the little things in life, because soon you will realize they are the big ones."
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Re: Foxpro Firestorm

Post by Tim Anderson »

I think you would be better off with a couple of good hand calls and a Game boy to keep you busy till the coyote comes in..
1dogdown
coyotehunter

Post by 1dogdown »

My brother and I each own the fox pro fury. Each unit has the exact same problems. When turning on the remote you have to hold the the knob down till the remote completely powers up. If you don't the remote will not turn on. You have to pull the batteries and re-power up the remote. We also had alot of problems last year in the extreme cold with the units locking up. It would get stuck on a certain call and there is nothing you can do but walk out and shut the call off and turn it back on. I usually keep the call within 30 yards of me and have had the problems even at this range. It seems to work the best if you can see the call. I don't know how the other models are but I would think that remote to caller communication problems would be the same in all fox pro models if you don't keep it in sight. It can be frustrating at times but the more I use it the more I like it. I still would not leave home without it! Hope this helps :D
Pa Bowmaddness
coyotehunter

Post by Pa Bowmaddness »

Tim Anderson wrote:I think you would be better off with a couple of good hand calls and a Game boy to keep you busy till the coyote comes in..
Would you care to elaborate on this quote?

Thanks,

Madd
"Persue the things in life that stimulate your interest. Hold onto the ones that awaken your passion."

"Pay attention to the little things in life, because soon you will realize they are the big ones."
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I got a couple of the foxpro units and just been using the CS-24 this past year. LOUD, very LOUD. great sound library to pick from, great customer service.
Coyotes Forever
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

Just yanking youre chain, no harm..
As far as fox-pro's go the higher the price the better the caller. Just save up youre money and get the CS-24 and be done with it...