Possible tournament?

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

tobeymcmullen
coyotehunter

Possible tournament?

Post by tobeymcmullen »

I was pondering an idea. I was going to check with some local vendors and put on a month long tourney. Prizes would be donated. I am not sure of an entrance fee. I had the idea for a photo taken ,time and date stamped and posted to a web site . The person with the most kills,biggest dog ......ect. would win prizes. It would be a nation wide thing. Any thoughts
coyotebuster
coyotehunter

Re: Possible tournament?

Post by coyotebuster »

Kinda a neat thought but the boys in Texas, Arizona and all those other great SW states would probably be giving everybody else a total ass whoopin :lol: . Also kinda tough to enforce rules unless there are none.
tobeymcmullen
coyotehunter

Post by tobeymcmullen »

I agree with the over advantage they would have. Howerever the northwest is full of them too. I guess the rules would be that all pics must prove a shot placement in the photo.No trapping kills. I am not sure. I am in the midwest(Missouri) and we have alot of them but I am extremely inexperienced. I have yet to call one in. So anyone could beat me.LOL. I guess thats why I posted here. I have many friends in trapping and gun shops, outdoor stores..ect that would be willing to put there name out there for this. Prizes would be easy to come by. So any thaughts on rules or the most kills wins.
1dogdown
coyotehunter

Post by 1dogdown »

Its a neat idea but there would be way too much cheating! He who has the most coyote hunting friends wins! And you could take multiple pictures of the same coyote and say you shot several in a couple of days. I don't think it will work.
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Tough one to call and has been hashed out before the honesty factor is a big roadblock
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

way too many variables.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I would concentrate on killing a coyote or two before considering trying to run a nation wide coyote hunt.
Coyotes Forever
tobeymcmullen
coyotehunter

Post by tobeymcmullen »

Just an idea. I have scrapped it. Thank you for the input