using a hawk call

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

shooter93
coyotehunter

using a hawk call

Post by shooter93 »

was looking at the turkey calls the other day and saw a hawk call, i was wondering if anyone has tryed a hawk call along with a rabbit in distress, im going to try it to see if it will give the educated dogs some more Confidantes
rhino
coyotehunter

Post by rhino »

haven't used a hawk call before but I have always wanted to try a crow call. I read somewhere that they work sometimes.
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

One of the better tournament teams in the country had a custom made magpie call that he uses. haven't tried much of it myself besides when i had a crow sound on my e-caller i used it a few times on hung up coyotes and had mixed responses.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
shooter93
coyotehunter

a magpie call

Post by shooter93 »

a magpie call would work except most the time here the magpie will show up before a dog anyways, but was looking at a hawk call because a coyote will think a hawk has a rabbit and he will want to steal it from the hawk, i will try it and see what happens
Rich Cronk

Post by Rich Cronk »

"looking at a hawk call because a coyote will think a hawk has a rabbit and he will want to steal it from the hawk, i will try it and see what happens"
-------------------------------------
Shooter,
I have done that for same reason you stated. It does sometimes work, and it sure won't hurt anything to try it.