North Dakota?

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

semnhunter
coyotehunter

North Dakota?

Post by semnhunter »

Well here it is I'm heading up around Bismarck pretty soon for a possible job. While I'm up there I plan on getting after some yotes. Is the area around Bismarck pretty good? Just thinking with the bigger city that there maybe alot more pressure on them around there. Just looking for some ideas one where abouts to go after them would like to stay within 2 hours of driving time of Bismarck though. Is there a map available listing accessible land like state or plots?
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Re: North Dakota?

Post by bucksnbears »

any direction has plenty. less snow to the sw
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
semnhunter
coyotehunter

Post by semnhunter »

Just got back from North Dakota had to cut the trip short hunting buddy had to get back. I don't think the weather was to ideal for hunting but we did end up seeing 6 yotes. First day was pretty much scouting had high winds up to 30mph but did get out and did a pretty good amount of calling only saw one that day. Second day started out like it was going to be a good day cold but the wind died down but then the snow that came in made it tough to see very far. Ended up seeing 3 the second day. Had one wanting to come in but the deep snow made it hang up and never got close enough and saw two others together chasing a hurd deer around got them to howl back sounded like more than the two we seen out there but I think they might of spotted us. The last day saw two out sunning themselves but we couldn't find the farmers who owned the land. I have to say the farmers that we got permission from were all very friendly never got turned down to access any land. Saw 300-400 deer and pheasants. All in all it wasn't to bad of a trip first time hunting out there so we learned alot.
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

good deal. ranchers seldom turn down coyote hunters in nd. get em next time
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
1dogdown
coyotehunter

Post by 1dogdown »

Usually 9 out of 10 landowners will let a guy go after yotes. A couple of weeks ago I was out scouting some new area and I seen 11 coyotes in a pretty small area. I talked with 5 landowners and 3 out of the 5 turned me down. That was by far the worst percentage I've ever had. :D But most of the time you get comments like....you have to ask to hunt coyote?..or ..only if you shoot them all. Most guys are pretty good.
barebackjack
coyotehunter

Post by barebackjack »

Since ND started producing big bucks, and deer hunting has become "big business", ive noticed some are starting to turn guys away. Especially in early Dec when bucks are still sporting head gear and we still have muzzleloader and bow seasons going.

I know the area I operate in primarily now, when I started knocking on doors 6 years ago for coyote permission, I got a lot of "no, we take care of our own coyotes". And "no, we dont want our deer run off"......"our" deer. :lol:

Its funny, a lot of those places that turned me down 6 years ago are now calling me to come snare/shoot coyotes on their land. Not biting the hand that feeds me prevents me from asking "I thought you took care of your own coyotes?"
NickNielsen

Post by NickNielsen »

semnhunter, not to judge your name but it kind of sounds funny haha just messing with you. :lol:
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

i was wondering that myself Nick. but i'm not one to :P :P :P people :lol: :lol: