Central texas Coyote hunting

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Joseph1313
coyotehunter

Central texas Coyote hunting

Post by Joseph1313 »

Hello, I am new to the forum and new to Coyote hunting. I live in thick woods of central Texas and started out hunting wild hogs on my place. The wild hog population has been out of control and now the Coyotes are too. It appears they are feasting on the piglets in the area. I have a lighted feeder with a camera (night hunting of hogs with lights is legal in texas) hooked up in my house. We have had lot of pigs (20-30) a day some bobcats, feral cats and a couple of Buzzards ( they seem to like Taco meat). But we have also been seeing a lot of Coyotes on the feeder. They have started to become quite bold, comming up on our porch to eat our cat's food. I am planning on killing as many as I can, because I am afarid they are going to get in the yard with my dog. I shot one on the feeder the other night and noted it had a great coat of fur and was wondering if there is any market for it ? Also , Snars are used on hogs a lot and was looking for tips on that. As soon as I get the camera working right I will post some pictures and video.