Meatheads

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Dcoy
Top Dog

Meatheads

Post by Dcoy »

Here's what a few meathead legislators came up with as a proposed bill in SoDak.At a time when 'Fair Chase' and 'Get out and walk' are themes our GFPs are rightly promoting,this sure tells the public a different story.I propose a bill authorizing any citizen to run over any of these legislators at any time with any vehicle including those with studded tires.

"State of South Dakota
EIGHTY-SIXTH SESSION
LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY, 2011

570S0123 SENATE BILL NO. 55

Introduced by: Senators Maher, Begalka, Frerichs, Garnos, Hansen (Tom), and Rhoden and Representatives Verchio, Brunner, Hoffman, Kopp, Nelson (Stace), Olson (Betty), and Schrempp

FOR AN ACT ENTITLED, An Act to allow the shooting of coyotes from snowmobiles.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF SOUTH DAKOTA:
Section 1. That § 32-20A-11 be amended to read as follows:
32-20A-11. No Except as provided in § 32-20A-12, no person other than a law enforcement officer or conservation officer may operate or ride in any snowmobile with any firearm in his the person's possession unless the firearm is completely unloaded and within a carrying case which encloses the entire firearm. A violation of this section is a Class 2 misdemeanor.
Section 2. That § 32-20A-12 be amended to read as follows:
32-20A-12. No person may chase, drive, harass, kill, or attempt to kill any game animal or game bird with or from a snowmobile, except that coyotes may be taken by shooting from snowmobiles through the use of shotguns if the operator of the snowmobile is at least sixteen years of age. No property owner or lessee is liable for any damages caused by or any injury to any person who is engaged in taking or attempting to take coyotes from a snowmobile pursuant to this section. A violation of this section is a Class 2 misdemeanor.
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Re: Meatheads

Post by bucksnbears »

that'll make things tough for calling. better find areas with alot of fences. won't be suprised if nd follows
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Bucs,
No doubt about that.If it passes here,a number of States will quickly face the same issue.Hopefully it can be beaten.
barebackjack
coyotehunter

Post by barebackjack »

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I hate hate hate HATE snowmobiles!

If I were in SD, id be DAMN sure id be contacting my reps on that one!
barebackjack
coyotehunter

Post by barebackjack »

Scratch that. I dont even live in SD and will be contacting those sponsors.

At a time when "fair chase" and "ethics" is at the forefront of every damn hunting issue, a state goes and does this???? Unfreakinbelievable!

They said the anti's would use high fence operations to further their anti-hunting cause, gee, I wonder what the hell they'd think of morons running helter skelter all over the place running coyotes over with sleds!?!?!?!?!?!
barebackjack
coyotehunter

Post by barebackjack »

These look to be mostly west river reps???
1dogdown
coyotehunter

Post by 1dogdown »

That would royaly fry me if they allowed this in ND. Thankfully yotes are not worth 80 dollars or the last 3 years everybody with a sled would be out hammering the crap out of them. 20 years ago there was sled tracks all over our hills from people hunting off of sleds. We never did catch them. Its just too easy they drive over the fences and can be in and out of posted land quickly. More importantly there is no fair chase!! :evil:
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Easy way to let them know its a bad bill-whether you live in SoDak or not.

http://legis.state.sd.us/email/LegislatorEmail.aspx
leadbiscuit
coyotehunter

Post by leadbiscuit »

Govt. sanctioned hooligans... What the f---. You guys from SD best be speaking up about this. The snowmobiles were working my area last week while I was at work. They dont shoot off them they use the sleds to scare them up and then shoot them off the road. We've had fresh snow since then and I don't think there's a live coyote within 2 or 3 miles of my place right now. The disruption this is going to cause with other types of game shouldn't be ignored either. If you really want to kill a large mammal, spooking it into running like hell in sub-zero temps is a fair way to get it done. If this goes through, you SD guys are in deep trouble. I suppose the up side is that bouncing around on a snowmobile with a loaded shotgun would probably get a few idiots out of the gene pool.
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

That is crazy. I will do my part to help stop this bill.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"