Shot another today

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Tactical.20

Shot another today

Post by Tactical.20 »

I shot this average sized male just before sundown. Took a nice 4 mile walk, clipped one when it saw me sneaking into position, there were 2 and they took off. I trailed one to the woods near river, decided to walk back towards truck and look for the other. It happened to walk towards me 1/4 mile after I turned back. Shot him at 80-90 yds
Tactical.20

Re: Shot another today

Post by Tactical.20 »

I shot 3 today, one on snow, I fooled him, he thought I might come after him. Saw him3/4 mile away, he ran. I made a 1/4mile stalk. The other male and female I shot in the am.
Tactical.20

Post by Tactical.20 »

Oh, the male on the snow had a pass through old bullet wound, went through abdomin where back legs meet the body!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

good job Tac. glad to see your able to get out.
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Tactical.20

Post by Tactical.20 »

I need the exercise! Getting a lot over there? Got lucky the one that walked to me, I was afraid he might slip out of sight when he went by, it was downhill. I hit snow where the top of the hill was in front of him, then it paused again at 130yds. I was suprised to see snot fly, thought I had a good head shot. The one in pm I fooled into thinking I wasn'y chasinghim, I just cruised by while keeping an eye on him. Nice short stalk,1/4 mile.
Tactical.20

Post by Tactical.20 »

I don't think it was an old bullet wound. Now that it is on the stretcher I can see it has 2 holes on each side, 1.5 inches apart, and 1.75 inches apart. Canines?
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

Tac. have you sold any coyotes yet this year?? what kind of $$
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Tactical.20

Post by Tactical.20 »

Good ones 30$ and 20$, put up stretched and dried. Sold to Groenewold