shot a coyote double yesterday

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Tactical.20

shot a coyote double yesterday

Post by Tactical.20 »

I spotted a pair of coyotes in a section north of me, 1x3 mile section. The only route to take was from the east, it was 1 mile or so to the coyotes. I walked almost to the mile line, then saw a coyote. It was kinda walking to me, then curled up atleast 500-600 yds from me. I stooped over to try and hide behind a fenceline drift. I went north to the next e-w fenceline. I then went west using the fencline to help hide me from the coyote. I had to come in from the n it would have spotted me from the east. I also was hoping to see the second coyote. I got to the top of a hill and could see the second coyote was behind a drift in the n-s fence south of me in the same cornstalk field the first coyote was in.
I belly crawled to the fence on the drift, and got my rifle ready. I shot and missed! It hit low, I am fireforming my casings, The coyote came closer to me north on the other side of the n-s fence. It stopped to look around and I put it down at 180 yds.
I looked back at the first coyote, it was app 450yds south of me. It was standing, looking back to where the mate was. It then curled back up! I belly crawled over the drift to the stalks. I made it about 130 yds, then it looked to me like it heard me. I stopped and tried to use my snowwshoes for a bipod, buit not steady enough. It was still 300-350yds away, and only part of the head showing. It was getting dark fast. I sat my snowshoe up on its edge and pulled my bipod legs out all the way, rested the bipod on the snowshoe. Then I knew I couldn't wait much longer for it to stand up, so I squeeked like a mouse. Nothing, then I squeeked louder, it looked right at me. It curled up again, I squeeked again and it got up and walked my way! It came to about 225 yds and I took her there. Both nice looking fur, worth the 1.5 mile drag back to the truck!
Tactical.20

Re: shot a coyote double yesterday

Post by Tactical.20 »

Image Opps here is the picture of the pair and the fox I shot earlier yesterday.
DustyC

Post by DustyC »

NICE!!!!!
"God hates a coward"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Way to go and great story to boot!!!! :D
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

sweet soudns like you were in sniper mode :D
Attachments
fudd1.gif
fudd1.gif (5.3 KiB) Viewed 7152 times
a proud member of the "IF" team
Tactical.20

Post by Tactical.20 »

Thanks for the comments! I sure enjoy the stalking! the female was nice and pale, male was too, but put a hole in him!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

your doing great this year Tac. keep stackin em up :D
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Keep wacking and stacking!! Spot and stalk any animal is a lot of fun :D
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!