Baffled !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

wNyOte29
coyotehunter

Baffled !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by wNyOte29 »

ok I went out hunting 2 nights ago and got to my set and did a howel and the woods on the other side of the hill erupted with coyotes so about 3 min later I didn't hear or see anything so I did a rabbit distress for maybe a min so about 5 min later I see a coyote cross the creek and was trotting towards a hedgerow then I seen 5 more come the same way. Now i'm sitting in a pine thicket that's shaped like a triangle and I was sitting at the western point and the wind was blowing from west to east and the coyotes were south of me at about 180 yds along a ditch hedgerow now they hung out along that hedgerow for maybe a min or 2 then one by one they went to the east and i did another rabbit distress call so now I wanted for about an hr thinking maybe they would come out on the north side of woods but nothing so im curious what I may have done wrong. I could have takin a shot but I got this gun during ny deer season so I only have it sighted in at 50 yds and i'm not gona take an un ethical shot.
Tbush
coyotehunter

Re: Baffled !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Tbush »

you should have sat on the east side facing east, and watched the right and left of yourself. My bet is they worked the down wind side a smelled you :shock: GONE :twisted:
a proud member of the "IF" team
wNyOte29
coyotehunter

Post by wNyOte29 »

That's what I think happened when I was making the walk of shame back to my house I herd 2 howel across the street so :oops:
shooter93
coyotehunter

Post by shooter93 »

right now the coyotes are breeding here so maybe, they are there too, so maybe they had other thing on there mind, it gets real hard some times, ive called in 9 at once, 8 were following the inheat bitch, shot her 1st and the others stood around looking at her, the 2nd dog shot and there was dogs running everywhere, and i didnt have a shotgun! or we have all seen this too, today they dont respond and the next they do, or the morning they do and the evening they dont v.s, if you figure it out let me know.