black coyotes

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

dogdown616
coyotehunter

black coyotes

Post by dogdown616 »

hey everyone im new to the forum, just wanting to know everyones take on "black coyotes", how rare are they? i saw one about 500 yards away on a hunt last week and never could get him to come in to me. thats by far the darkest one ive ever seen. thanks
dogdown616
coyotehunter

Re: black coyotes

Post by dogdown616 »

no comments?
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

certain areas seem to have pockets of them but i can't say if they are common even there. upper mid-west, they are as rare as hen;s teeth. Tn,Ky,In,Ms,Mo, seem to have a fair #. you would definatly have a "trophy" if you do get him. good luck!!
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

I agree with bucks. It seems as though the farther south you go, the better your chances are to get a black coyote.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

Get him, its a hell of a trophy, I know a guy who shot a black fox by Fargo this year :mrgreen:
a proud member of the "IF" team
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

Tbush wrote:Get him, its a hell of a trophy, I know a guy who shot a black fox by Fargo this year :mrgreen:
handsome feller too :mrgreen:
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."