Well first day out was a bust...

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

tobeymcmullen
coyotehunter

Well first day out was a bust...

Post by tobeymcmullen »

Ok went out for a couple sets tonight to try out my new Quaker boy cottontail screamer. First set was a bust. Second set the light was going dim and new I only had about 15 minutes till to dark to shoot. I sat down and waited about 5 minutes, and let her rip like I was crying over lost love. Waited a minute or so and did it a little louder. Thats when he came out of no where to my left. 10 feet in front of me.Was three wah's into my calling. I about let out a scream. I dont know if it scared me more or him, but he lit out with his butt on fire. I stinkin missed twice. Well there is the laugh of the day. Maybe next tim I wont set up in a tree line expecting them to come out of a corner of some CRP and a creek line funnel 200 yards out.LOL
EO caller

Re: Well first day out was a bust...

Post by EO caller »

:lol: Thats coyote callin. Never know whats going to go wrong first :evil: . Good post.
"CHASIN A DREAM-LIVIN A NIGHTMARE"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

:lol: :lol: I don't think i ever screamed like a little girl, but i have had some close encounters; where when you look at them standing right next to you, you think where in the hell did you come from and how am i gonna pull this 5 foot shot off with my rifle :wink: :lol: :lol:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

Fun Stuff, Next time :lol:
a proud member of the "IF" team