snow in ky

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

ky223
coyotehunter

snow in ky

Post by ky223 »

We can get 3'' to 6'' tonite do you like to call b4 snow? I am a lone time deer hunter and they alway came out b4 weather change.do yotes do the same?
cole4570
coyotehunter

Re: snow in ky

Post by cole4570 »

I have found that here in Montana that if I go out right before or right after a massive storm, the coyotes seem to be a bit more active. The best calling I have had in recent memory was after a 3 day storm with strong winds and snow. The Coyotes must have holed up for the storm and then were out in force to find a meal. I am guessing that it would be the same in KY.

To your other question, I love calling in snow. However, I just competed in a contest over the weekend, and there was so much snow, me and my team members could not get to 90 percent of the places that we wanted to call. Its the first time that I have ever wished for a bit less snow. So, I like snow but just enough to see tracks and use snow cover, but not too much that I can't get into places!

Good luck.

Cole
But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever.
John Adams
ky223
coyotehunter

Post by ky223 »

KY over the last 20yrs has not had much snow,mild temps.this yr we have had more than i can recall and im 38yrs old. my kids will be going to school till June and we still got Feb.to go.I GUESS thats coyote hunting has been better this yr.GOOD LUCK TO YOU TO.
cole4570
coyotehunter

Post by cole4570 »

Wow. If I didn't have snow in the winter, not sure what I would do. It's kind of a normal thing here to have snow from Oct to March usually. A couple of years ago during a backpacking trip on 4th of July weekend, I woke up in the morning and there was 3 inches of snow on the ground!!! Lately, during archery season in September, we have been getting a good snow storm as well.
But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever.
John Adams
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

we've got nads deep snow here. 3 years in a row.. i freekin hate it. i like hunting in some snow but this is getting rediculous . 3-6 ' is just right
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

bucksnbears wrote:we've got nads deep snow here. 3 years in a row.. i freekin hate it. i like hunting in some snow but this is getting rediculous . 3-6 ' is just right
agree! I hope you ment 3-6" not feet
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
DustyC

Post by DustyC »

Bucks, once again remind us how deep "nads deep snow" is to you! :lol: :lol: :lol: Just kidding. I have to give you some crap for all the money you won this season. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) Whens the lion hunt??
"God hates a coward"
Critrgtr
coyotehunter

Post by Critrgtr »

I love to be out right before a major change in the weather. It always seems to me that they are up and at it more right before.
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

DustyC wrote:Bucks, once again remind us how deep "nads deep snow" is to you! :lol: :lol: :lol: Just kidding. I have to give you some crap for all the money you won this season. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) Whens the lion hunt??

Remember he posted they are pretty small so I would say for a guy that thinks big is beautiful, it's just deep :lol: :mrgreen:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

23_11_62.gif
23_11_62.gif (31.47 KiB) Viewed 11094 times
:lol: :lol: :oops:
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
ky223
coyotehunter

Post by ky223 »

got upTUES. MORN.we had a fog on couldnt see my mailbox.fog lifted about 12;00 got up this morn. cant see mailbox, snowing so hard.I GOT A WEEK OFF WORK and and cant get in a good morn. hunt. o well they will be out when i can get out.
ky223
coyotehunter

Post by ky223 »

WED.MORN.should be good going to give them a try.