how long?

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

bcastin
coyotehunter

how long?

Post by bcastin »

i'm new to coyote hunting. i've shot them before just not intentionally hunting them. i called one in the other day and took a shot around 60yds. i missed. how long before i hunt this spot again?
btw-this is a small parcel very near town(lots of noise, cars, people, construction,etc.) with several yotes. located in sc
Critrgtr
coyotehunter

Re: how long?

Post by Critrgtr »

Hi, welcome to the site and to your new addiction. I would say probably to give it 3 or 4 days is what I would do if your using the same sounds that you already used. But if your trying different calls I would think the next day would be worth a shot.
EO caller

Post by EO caller »

How big of a parcel are we talking about? The town noises should work to your advantage. Might be pretty easy to get snuck in. And since you only called in the one coyote and you say their is an abundance of them then I would go at it again pretty soon. Especially if you don't have alot of ground to hunt. I don't know the logistics of your shot on the last coyote but always make sure to try to get them to stop before the shot. A simple whistle or just a woo woo with your voice will do it, and then let him have it. :twisted: Have fun and good luck.
"CHASIN A DREAM-LIVIN A NIGHTMARE"
DustyC

Post by DustyC »

I thought this post was about something else!!!! (I was gonna say ''SHORT'') . I would give it a few days and a different direction and sound. Weather providing.
Good luck.
"God hates a coward"