Decoys?

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

tobeymcmullen
coyotehunter

Decoys?

Post by tobeymcmullen »

I am looking to get a decoy. Is it really needed. If so what one to buy on a budget. I was looking into a simple spinner. I looked at the fox pro jack in a box but I cant see spending 100 bucks on it. Any ideas
EO caller

Re: Decoys?

Post by EO caller »

I have a quiver critter. They seem to like it. I don't use it very often but when I have used it and a coyote has came in it seems to keep their attention well. Had one come out of nowhere and about grabbed it. Definetly not a necessary though.
"CHASIN A DREAM-LIVIN A NIGHTMARE"
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

i've never used one, but i KNOW there are times where 1 woulda helped out. i'm just in to damn much of a hurry to get from set to set to use one
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Critrgtr
coyotehunter

Post by Critrgtr »

EO caller wrote:I have a quiver critter. They seem to like it. I don't use it very often but when I have used it and a coyote has came in it seems to keep their attention well. Had one come out of nowhere and about grabbed it. Definetly not a necessary though.
i agree with this one. I have one to and really like it when I use it. And the price is great on them. But it aint something you use on every stand. But for the price you can afford to buy one and only use it 3 or 4 times a year if you want and not feel bad about it.
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

Wife gave me one for Christmas last year, set it up in the yard and watched it for a short spell then put it back in the shed... :mrgreen:
EO caller

Post by EO caller »

I don't know what your yard looks like TA but your probly gonna have to take it a little further into the field to make it work. Its not THAT good of a tool. :lol:
"CHASIN A DREAM-LIVIN A NIGHTMARE"
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

I'm not really into decoys but wanted to see how it worked. For my area if a coyote can make out the little feathers flopping around its too close or would of been dead before it even saw them...
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

I have made diff ones and tryed them w/o any great results, when I use one I just have an old small tanned coon pelt i'll hang on a tree,bush, or just lye it out on the snow, hell you go in the feild with all the stuff hanging on your body you'll look like Rambo'. IMO....but it can be fun/frustrating to learn for yourself :wink:
a proud member of the "IF" team